Cancellation

Pam1457
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

Cancellation

We have open dates from October 1 till December 31 and suddenly two guests showed up.  One went in and booked from mid November until December 31, we do not have any approval policy.  The other prospect wants to rent from October 1 till December 31, a full month and one half more.  We certainly would like the full term rented out but there is now a renter for only one and one half month?

is there anyway we can now accept the longer term rental without any penalty?  It appears we could cancel the shorter but then could not rent this period again?  
Any thoughts or advice?  It appears we are stuck 

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Pam1457 

If you cancel, you will face penalties and the dates will be blocked. So it is not a solution.

I assume the second quest sent an inquiry (not a booking request), as the second part of the renting periods he wishes is not available on the calender. Maybe he likes to book oktober-mid november ?

These things happen.

If you only want to rent whole period, then you must increase the "minimum stay".

Maybe also do not use " Instant Book" for long term stays, then you have manual control (and 24 hours for some communication/checking) before accepting a booking.

best regards,

Emiel

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Pam1457 As all the dates on your listing are either booked or blocked I guess you decided to honour the booking made and have managed to rent the earlier days as well.

To not honour the booking would be very unfair and not the sort of behaviour expected of an Airbnb host.

Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

@Pam1457 the old saying is that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Greed takes people to places they regret; I wouldn't cancel any guest who has done the right thing.

You have done well, and may still be able to rent the front half of the booking period.