Cleaning at end of stay

Melissa1796
Level 1
Brenham, TX

Cleaning at end of stay

Hello,

I am new to airbnb hosting.  We charge a cleaning fee upfront which paid for the cleaning prior to check-in.  The guests reached out and asked if it is possible to have a cleaning at the end of their stay.  Do I charge for this?  There are 7 guests / 5 nights.

I appreciate any feedback and help with the best way to handle this.

5 Replies 5
Candee0
Level 8
Oceanside, CA

Hello Melissa,

I would say technically the cleaning you do is at the end of each stay. Your guests certainly would not want to check into a dirty house. Are they asking to ' not ' pay ahead of time with their booking? I don't understand this.  

Candee

@Candee0 To be clear, they paid all fees at booking which included a cleaning fee

Once they checked in she texted saying they would leave the house clean but asked if it is possible to have a cleaning service at the end of their stay.

Thank you for your help.

@Melissa1796  they already paid a cleaning fee and of course, you will clean before and after their stay regardless if they are your first and last guests or you have guests before and after them.

It should be called "Turnover fee" and then everyone would understand it.

@Branka-and-Silvia0Thank you for this info!!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Melissa1796  It is very unclear what the guests  are asking. They are wanting you to defer the cleaning fee until the end of their stay and saying they will pay it then? 

If so, absolutely not. That sounds like a scam. They just want to pay less and will never pay it after.