Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Co-Host

Co-Host

I've been set up as a co-host, but will mange all the booking as well as cleaning. I will also manage the payment back to the owner minus my fees and cleaning. How can I change this on airbnb, the owner is currently set as the primary host ?

1 Reply 1

@Emma2713   One important thing to do when becoming a co-host is read up on how co-hosting actually works. Start here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1534/what-cohosts-can-do

Money quote: "Co-Hosts are not permitted to access the listing owner’s payout or taxpayer information. "

Airbnb collects the full payment (including cleaning fee) from the guest at the time of booking, and releases it directly to the host's account after the check-in date. You won't be involved in that process;  you invoice the owner separately for your services, and that payment should be settled outside the Airbnb platform. (They used to have an internal setup for this, but shut it down - probably after getting dragged into too many disputes)

It's necessary for the owner to remain set as the primary host, so that the listing and account can proceed with ease if and when your co-hosting relationship ends.