Covid positive future guest

Sarah4233
Level 2
Boston, MA

Covid positive future guest

I have a guest checking in on Friday who just told me she is Covid positive but will only cancel if she receives a refund. She cannot come as I have another guest arriving the day she is scheduled to checkout. How do I cancel her on my end without getting consequences if contacted support but it’s been almost 8 hours with no response. Has this happened to anyone before? I’m a new host and I’ve never had to cancel someone before. 

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sarah4233  No, you don't cancel. Hosts receive penalties for cancelling.

Tell her she needs to cancel from her end. She needs to cancel by contacting Airbnb, telling them she has a positive Covid test (supposedly guests have to provide Airbnb with the documention), and they will refund her. A positive Covid test is covered under the Extenuating Circumstances policy.

And this guest is being outrageously rude- what, if she doesn't get a full refund she would plan to come to your  home with her Covid? 

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Sarah4233 @Colleen253 and everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. 🙂

As you linked to the policy here I just wanted to let everyone know that some changes have recently been made to the COVID-19 Extenuating Circumstances policy. For bookings made on or after 31st May 2022, COVID-19 will no longer be covered under the EC policy. You can find more info here:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Updates/Update-to-our-approach-for-guests-sick-with-COVID...

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Also, if she does stay, Airbnb will cancel your immediate bookings for any and all of your listings,  a much bigger loss. Don't let it happen, she must cancel!