Damaging guest- review

Umut-Serkan0
Level 1
Istanbul, Turkey

Damaging guest- review

Hello everyone, I am new to Airbnb, hosting for only 3.5 month and it has been great so far. Until today. Today a family group left the house and when I went in with my cleaner I was shocked. They literally trashed the house ( broke kitchen cabinets, walls, wood floor, bloody female pads everywhere, smoked in the house, trash everywhere) and when I tried to contact him he just cursed at me and filed a refund on airbnb. Its fine by me since I filed an Aircover request and I have many proofs. The thing that concerns me is ; if he can or can't review me ? Since he is a filthy person I don't want him to review me because he will just lie about it. What can I do . Thanks for the answers already. 

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sadly you can both review each other.

so sorry your guest was so rude and disrespectful.

perhaps going forward only accept bookings from guests with positive reviews and vet your guests carefully to minimise your risk of getting bad guests. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Umut-Serkan0  If you were under the impression that filing an Air Cover claim means Airbnb will pay you for damages and extra cleaning, that isn't true. 

You may get compensated and you may not. Don't believe that Air Cover is some kind of insurance policy.

Sorry you had such awful guests. Leave an honest review of them to warn other hosts and I hope you have some luck getting reimbursed.

In the future, try to vet your prospective guests better.