Different accounts for different currencies

Different accounts for different currencies

First off - even though I can not blame ABB CS for being deeply confused on a lot of topics and answering with copy and paste pointless replies that any normal host is capable of finding themselves - it causes a lot of grief and I would rather prefer no support than this kind of "support"

I had a question:

I have two accounts in different banks one in US for USD and one in EU for EUR

Before I setup my EU account I used my USA USD account and listing currency was USD.

Then I setup EU account in EUR and made it default.

BUT - I had UPCOMING booking made in USD while I had USD account as default and hence my question was - as I NOW have EUR/EU account as default and booking was in USD - will I lose money on conversion as USD needs to be converted to be placed into my EU/EUR account.

And - CS (of course) told me that yes, USD will be converted by Pioneer and placed in my EUR Default account. By the book answer...no attention to details.

Now - I am happy to report that since at the time of booking in USD even though my default account AT THE TIME OF PAYMENT is EUR - since at the time of BOOKING it was USD - lo and behold money arrived into my USD account (and I did not lose on conversion)

May be CS needs to be educated ... more better...er...?

1 Reply 1

crickets