๐Ÿƒ [FESTIVAL] How cloths can rescue our stained towels ๐Ÿƒ

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

๐Ÿƒ [FESTIVAL] How cloths can rescue our stained towels ๐Ÿƒ

Zoeฬ27.pngThis topic is part of the Community Center Festival of Sustainability

The original topic was posted in the French-speaking Community Center by @Zoe27   and we have translated it below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many hosts have to contend with the deterioration of their towels by guests and, in particular, with makeup removal. Sometimes the stains are not removable, and the towels can no longer be offered to customers.

The strategies that can be used to avoid this are multiple: use of dark-coloured linens, billing for damages, display of prohibitions in the property, etc.

Some accommodations have been very ingenious, and have found a solution that both preserves the whiteness of their towels and prevents the waste of ruined towels! 

I think this is a great idea because it offers an alternative to the simple ban on using towels for dirty purposes.

Zo27_0-1682416236776.png

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

6 Replies 6
Jennifer3225
Host Advisory Board Member
Port Severn, Canada

This is so fun @zoe27. I like this very much

Jennifer Schnier
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Gorgeous @Zoe27 

Thanks for information..  

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

Thanks @Jenny for posting @Zoe27 article about the Rag (spare cloth) and the information about being old and being recycled. Great advise @Zoe27

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

It's great advice, isn't it @Laurelle3? I've taken @Zoe27's advice and set aside some of my old towels to cut into rags to use for cleaning at home!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Delphine348
Host Advisory Board Member
Achรจres-la-Forรชt, France

Hello @Jenny , @Zoรฉ27 

Thank you as always Zoรฉ for your useful suggestion and the poetry of the short note !

I already have those used towels, along with home made rags (from old shirts or cotton T shirts) in the listing.

I will add this lovely text with them ! 

Delphine

(Sauf indication contraire, mes contributions sont issues de mon expรฉrience en tant qu'hรดte)