Grumpy guests who caused damage - should I review?

Dee1153
Level 3
England, United Kingdom

Grumpy guests who caused damage - should I review?

We are new to hosting but are now on about our 19th set of guests.  We have been very lucky so far but our last guests were a mother and daughter who were a little different.  The daughter was an adult woman, her mother was a little older, maybe 60's or so.  The mother was very rude to my partner when he offered to help them carry bags in from the car.  She complained about how difficult our road was to park in although we had left our bins out to reserve the space for them.  When I went over to check they were okay the daughter chatted but her mother kept her back turned to me and didn't acknowledge me at all.  Apparently she was unhappy there was no TV but they knew that before they arrived.  The following day I waved at the mother at the end of the garden when I saw her come out and she looked outraged and went back inside the coach house.  Following that if they were outside smoking they moved their chairs behind some bushes so I couldn't see them.  They didn't respond to a couple of messages I left during the stay asking if they were okay or needed anything.  On inspection when they left there was trim broken off the front door, a glass was smashed and they had moved many items around in the coach house.  

It leaves a nasty taste in my mouth and I'm not sure what review to write or if to write one at all - it seems that they haven't written a review yet and I worry what kind of review it would be.  

15 Replies 15
Marie6762
Level 9
Oakland, CA

Under the circumstances, I’d disregard the grumpiness.  I have had a couple grumpy guests in my home stay who have left stellar reviews. One mentioned his gratitude at being given “his space” with kudos for my kindness- which only consisted of a warm welcome, and avoidance!

Damage of any kind deserves a mention for future hosts. Personally,  I just wouldn’t let the rudeness color the review - or affect star rating.