Guest cancelled after several hours after check-in

Guest cancelled after several hours after check-in

During check-in guest told me he doesn't like the view from the window and the flat is smaller than he expected and he will stay only the first night here and I told him he may cancel other night and leave, if he doesn't like it (I believe I have pretty good pictures of the apartment, showing it's amenities and size. I was also not advertising the flat as the one having picturesque view).

After several hours got message from support that the guest cancelled and Support agent wrote that he explained them that "the house is bad, noisy and smelly" (not sure if he means whole house or only my apartment).

Support agent told me since we cannot agree on refund, they will make decision with accordance to their policy (my policy is flexible but the guest wasn't refunded for 27-28 September night).. Currently they are waiting for documentation.

Cancellation may be common for experienced hosts, but that was my first one (started in September). I'm nervous, do I have chances to lost my money? I had 6 guests before him, no one complained and they seemed pretty satisfied.

In answer to support agent I explained why it is unlikely to be noisy (far away from road, no construction sites nearby, neighbors - old people) and why it should not be smelly (cleaned, sanitized and ventilated - every window was opened - during several hours before guest's arrival).

Anything more I can do to protect myself?

(also guest was literally last minute guest, he arrived for check-in after 3 hours after making reservation and he was 1 hour late than we agreed. I even asked Airbnb to contact him as he had foreign number and I couldn't call him to check if he was lost with no internet or what happened to him, while he was not answering Airbnb messages)

4 Replies 4
Pablo629
Level 10
La Paz, Bolivia

Dear @Scott1445  please check the following link: https://www.airbnb.com.bo/luxury/guest_refund_policy

You must send pictures to demonstrate rooms capacity, cleanning status. Bad smell is not included into the reasons to cancel.

Regards from Bolivia.

Si ésta información fue de ayuda, dale un: "like/kudo". Acá abajo. Saludos
Maria-Rossella0
Level 10
Genoa, Italy

@Scott1445 Non te la prendere...ti abituerai!! A volte gli ospiti, se non ottengono immediatamente quanto richiedono, si "vendicano" con cattive recensioni....ma se il tuo annuncio è molto chiaro e spiega bene tutto, non ti devi preoccupare....ci sono tanti ospiti molto più educati e comprensivi e sono la maggior parte!! Insisti comunque con l'assistenza, a oggi si può chiedere di togliere una relazione menzognera. A suo tempo è capitato anche a me (tre volte) e non si poteva cancellare, ma l'ho ottenuto lo stesso...ho dimostrato tutto. Sii molto freddo nella risposta all'ospite, ma educato e inattaccabile!!

Ciao ciao!

Maria Rossella

I am also having a same types of issue. https://www.tellculvers.onl/

This is always happens with me What I  want to do?