Guest snuck infant into property without permission and criticized property harshly for having defects making it not good for infants

Steven973
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Guest snuck infant into property without permission and criticized property harshly for having defects making it not good for infants

Any suggestions on how to respond to guest’s review where they criticize the property harshly. It’s clearly stated in the house rules that children and infants aren’t allow because I already know that it doesn’t work out for the guests or for me when hosting small children. Any suggestions on how to respond? 

The review: 

“We stay here for six nights; myself wife and 17 month old. For us it was a four-star stay. For others maybe five. It all depends what you're looking for. I'll make this easy. Pros: Within 15 minutes of all the sites and tourist places we wanted to visit. Easy parking on the street in front of house. I always found a spot. Enough food options within 8 min driving. Safe location. Air condition works well. Cons ( which contributed to our four star rating) The stairs and rooms are creaky as hell. If you have a baby or kid That has a nap time It will be challenging to navigate to the stairs and the rooms to not make noise.. since we were there 6 nights I did eventually find a way to maneuver up the stairs with making very little noise. One of the beds we used wasn't very comfortable. It didn't have a tub which we needed to bath 17 month old. We were aware of this and had a workaround by bringing inflatable tub... however it would have been nice to have a tub. There needs to be more accessible outlets downstairs for devices/laptops. Would we stay there again, Well the stars were really annoying. and it is a hike to get up the stairs outside just to get in the house... But I'd probably stay there again due to all the pros If I couldn't find anything else. It is a good place don't get me wrong. You won't be sorry if you stay there. Just note the cons and you'll enjoy your time. Side note. I left an item and the host worked timely to get it back to me.”lll

17 Replies 17
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Steven973 

Sorry to hear about this.

I passed your post and a request for review over to Airbnb support.

How did things go with the other guest you mentioned, the one that was asking for money to prevent a bad review?

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Steven973 my response to the infant review would be:

" (Guest) raises really valid points, which are in fact some of the reasons we do not accept infants in our listing: we were unaware that any stayed and would have had to cancel this reservation if we had known. Sometimes certain guests miss pertinent information or choose to ignore our requirements which is unfortunate. We always strive to provide fantastic stays and invite future guests to contact us before booking if they have any questions. We are grateful as always for the feedback."

Dispute review with ABNB (to be removed) as your rules clearly state "Not suitable for children and infants"

Send warm private message to these guests: "What part of Not suitable for children and infants you morons do not understand?"

Joking of course...or not