HMG tells England 4th July at the earliest.

Shaun69
Level 10
Hurstpierpoint, United Kingdom

HMG tells England 4th July at the earliest.

Hi fellow hosts, well we knew it was coming and I must admit I prefer knowing what is going on rather than speculating! We have now cancelled or re-booked all of our guests until after 4/7/20. I am lucky because all of my team have been furloughed so we have not had a lay anyone off. It is very strange not having any guests about the place, the one thing I have noticed though is nature returns (or becomes more visible) very quickly during a human lockdown! I know that lots of my fellow hosts here in England will suffer due to this extended period of no guests, but all I can say is I sent two sympathy cards last week to friends who have lost loved ones to this terrible disease so compared to their suffering mine is minor!

BE HAPPY AND BE SAFE

Shaun.

4 Replies 4
Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

Interesting date they picked, 4th of July @Shaun69 , I wonder if there is any symbolism involved or if its coincidental that its our Independence day!  No Matter, I completely agree with you Shaun, the best outcome many of us can hope from this is to live to talk about Covid 19 another day, week month and year until we've either got it and survived or been inoculated against it.  There are so many that won't get that chance again.  Its good that the hosting is just something we've added to sweeten the pot, we are spending much less in semi lockdown, it nearly evens out in the end.  Stay well, JR

Robbie54
Level 10
North Runcton, United Kingdom

It's nothing to do with your 4th July, it's the British goverment that set the date. 

@Robbie54 , I was pretty sure it was a coincidence Robbie, its just a chuckle in some way.  I pray we will all be celebrating our freedom from this darn virus by that day or sooner!  Stay well, JR

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Shaun69  I miss my guests as well. Not allowed to host here in Mexico at the present time, and wouldn't anyway in my home share- far too risky. And I am also heartened to see how quickly nature recovers with an absence of human activity. I live in a non-industrial area, so haven't seen much change in that regard around me, but have been reading of those positives of the lockdowns. So sorry you've had friends lose loved ones. Hang in there.