Has anyone else's Superhost travel rewards vanished?

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Has anyone else's Superhost travel rewards vanished?

I jut wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

I was awarded a Superhost coupon last year, which I thought was due to expire at the end of this month, so I went online to use it, but it was nowhere to be seen. It had definitely been there before, but is no longer on the list.

The reward I got very recently for the past year's Superhost status is not showing there either.

I got emails from Airbnb about both of these, but the links now just take you to the same page, where the coupons are not showing.

All previous coupons, whether expired or redeemed are listed, so even if the first one I mentioned had already expired, it should be showing also. The most recent one should definitely still be valid.

I contacted Airbnb CS and was repeatedly asked for the coupon codes, which obviously I don't have because the coupons have vanished! I was told without the codes, it was unlikely they could help me but that they are sorry it happened and would try to ensure it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Erm, so that means I lose $200 in travel credit because of an Airbnb technical glitch and it's just tough luck?

35 Replies 35

@Huma0  The bonuses in my account were all expired or used as well.  But I had not yet gone through the most recent email.

I think @Anonymous already covered this, but I just wanted to show you what I got when I clicked on the "Check out your bonus" link in the Superhost email I got on July 3rd.  

Screenshot 2020-07-18 14.43.58.png

When I clicked "Get coupon," I came to this:

Screenshot 2020-07-18 14.45.53.png

I clicked "Confirm" and got two choices:  "Book travel" or "View your coupons."

After clicking "View your coupons," the new coupon was there at the bottom of the list.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Ann72 but I have checked my emails and I only have the original notification ones and they do not take me to the links you have posted. When I click on check my bonus, they take me to the page where those bonuses are not listed, not to the pages you have posted. They used to take me to those same pages but not anymore for some reason. Rep couldn't explain it and offered no solutions. She said if I had no codes they couldn't do anything about it.

@Huma0 I just found my coupon!  . . .

I also did not have a link in my e-mail. But when you go to the Superhost tab under Performance, you will see a link that says "See your rewards." It then takes you the page where you can click "get your coupon" exactly like @Ann72 's screenshot above. After I clicked to get the coupon it showed up with my other previously used coupons. The expiration date is June 30, 2021.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emilia42 

Thank you. I just tried that and there is no link that says 'see your rewards' on my screen 😞

@Huma0 Not there? (I'm on a laptop)

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 11.34.50 AM.png

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emilia42 

Thank you! I found it and can now see my coupon expiring 2021. It's just a shame it was impossible to find and use the previous one before it expired. I have explained to Airbnb that I couldn't use it because I could not find it, but they are not interested...

Oh well. I wanted to use it for accommodation near my friend's wedding later this year but that has been postponed anyway.

@Huma0 It is crazy that you have to follow some hidden link to activate the coupon and that CS has no idea how to help. But that is classic Airbnb.    Sigh . .  .

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emilia42 

Yes. If one was even slightly paranoid, one might think that it was intentional...

Why make it so difficult?

@Emilia42  Hi there, I hope I have the luck to find out on line again.:) I got the super host travel coupon in July this year and never tried to click on it due to the lockdown.

Want to use it now and followed the procedures you have advised  @Huma0 , but cannot find the " see your rewards" button. Just wondering if there is any chance you could have a look if that button is still showing on your page please? Cheers. 

@Huma0  where did you find the CS help button please? I can only see HELP CENTER and there is no question set up for the travel coupon at all. 😞 Thanks a lot in advance. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kellie101 

I used the online chat to make the initial contact about the missing bonuses and then the rep forwarded it to a team that contacted me via the messaging system.

- Click on Help

- Go to the Help Centre

- Scroll down and click contact us at the bottom. A new window should pop up.

- Select No it's something else

- I think I then either selected Payments etc or My Account from the menu

- You then can put in more detail or select, it's something else

It's a bit of a process to go through so many steps, but eventually you should reach a page where you can send a message to Airbnb or open an online chat.

@Huma0 Thanks so much for your help. I will give it a shot

@Kellie101 

First, you have to go to this account. Not the co-host account (which you are typing from it seems.)

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 7.43.09 AM.png

I am on a computer. Things will likely look a little different on the app.

Go to the 'Performance' tab then to 'Superhost'

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 7.39.11 AM.png

Click 'See your rewards' then click ' then you will see your coupon.

@Emilia42 I am so amazed you know the website and tricks so well! You should work for air bnb trouble shooting department. LOL. Thanks a million @Emilia42 

@Huma0 @Anonymous  We have to switch to "traveling" to see our Superhost coupon reward. It doesn't appear in the Inbox or our email address. Try that. Good luck!