Hosring

Answered!

Hosring

Dear Community,

We recently hosted a family of 4 but later discovered that they invited 9 more who spent at least 2 nights. The BNB Resolution Center says there is nothing they can do unless we can document proof. Our two long time employees, the gardener who LIVES ON THE PROPERTYY and the daily maid who went to the home on 3 occasions both confirm that there were 9 additional guests staying at our home. 

The only other documentation we can think of would be if we had snuck over to the house at night and peeked in the bedroom windows with a flash camera which is reduicluous.

Any suggestions??

Thanks, 

RB

1 Best Answer

Thanks M-11,

Very helpful. Sounds like good advice and we will do it. We find the BNB website sometimes difficult to navigate and we already gave the interlopers a decent review. Is there a manner in which we can change that now that we know what they did?

Regards,

RB

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

Hi @M-11 

I think your chances of getting extra payment out of these guests is very slim.

Airbnb require photographic or video evidence - which is why many hosts have survelliance at the entrance of their properties ( which MUST be disclosed in the house rules)

However, even better than catching guests doing the wrong thing, is preventing them doing the wrong thing to start with.  I would tighten up your house rules to say something to the effect that the names of everyone staying must be stated on the listing. NO  extra guests or visitors permissible without prior arrangement. Guests violating this rule will have their stay immediately cancelled.

Something along those lines.

Even if you DON'T have a security camera, it's worthwhile stating that you do in the relevant section.  Guests who plan in advance to bring extra guests seek out listings with self check in and no security cameras.

And finally, please do be sure to leave an appropriate review for these guests.  Keep it short, unemotive and factual. I"m not great at writing reviews, but you might say somethign like.

XX were pleasant to communicate with ( if they were) and left my listing tidy( if they did).

xx booked  and paid for 2 guests, but brought an extra 7 guests without my permission or any extra payment.  I could not recommend xx to future hosts.

Other people on this forum can probably word it better and offer further advice.

Regards 

Thanks M-11,

Very helpful. Sounds like good advice and we will do it. We find the BNB website sometimes difficult to navigate and we already gave the interlopers a decent review. Is there a manner in which we can change that now that we know what they did?

Regards,

RB