Hosting Ambassadors for newbies

Hosting Ambassadors for newbies

New host as of Nov 1. Took a hosting class through Airbnb Nov 4. Apparently, Ambassador services don’t apply to me because I’m already on the platform. Unfortunate…as we newbies can also use the help. It’s not only about the host Aquisition strategy dear management, it’s also about new host ramp up, retention and service quality.
Dear MANAGEMENT: Please revisit your host Aquisition strategy to help new hosts that had the guts to take the plunge, but are still navigating choppy waters.

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Melinda259  Well, I'm not an "Ambassador", just another host, but I'll give you a bit of free advice- you need to describe the listings you have- that is what "The space" section of the listing description is for.  Paint a word picture for guests of the layout of the apartments, the sleeping arrangements, what appliances are in the kitchen, whether there is a balcony, whether it is on the ground floor or you have to climb stairs, etc. Mention anything that could be a deal beaker for guests, like traffic noise, etc. You haven't described the rental space at all.

Also, beds for two people should have a night table and lamp on both sides of the bed. And close the toilet lid when you take bathroom photos.

Presenting your listing in a way that is informative and clear to guests is more important than "ramp up, retention, and service quality".

And this forum is a wealth of information where experienced hosts are quite willing to share info annd strategies with you if you only ask. You don't need an "Ambassador" or an "Aquisition strategy" to be a successful host.