How exactly is superhost calculated in terms of decimal places?

Sara952
Level 5
Los Angeles, CA

How exactly is superhost calculated in terms of decimal places?

How are extra decimal places used to calculate superhost? Both my overall and superhost average were showing 4.8 until maybe 3 days ago when my superhost started stats showing 4.7, though my dashboard still shows 4.8

Just had a few more 5 star reviews roll in, I just calculated manually and I’m at a 4.768 average for the last 12 month period.  Does that round up to 4.8 and the superhost calculation hasn’t caught up yet? Or will that not round up?

6 Replies 6
Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Ute42,

Can you share you post about SuperHost calculations with @Sara952?

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center
Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sara952 

@Ute42  produced a wonderful post back in 2018 detailing how the Airbnb rating system is calculated.

Here is the link to that post. It was entitled 'Guantanamo'

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Circle/Guantanamo/m-p/754779

Ute put a lot of work into that post, and when you consider she is a native German, Ute came here to improve her mastery of the English language.

After reading that post we would say her English is better than most English speakers.

Cheers........Rob 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Sara952 whilst the answers so far are enlightening I think the answer to your question is 'we don't know'.

If Airbnb are following the rules of mathematics then you should now be achieving a 4.8 rating. Of course Airbnb are not always logical.

Please could I ask that when you find out the answer to your question (ie achieve Superhost status or not) you let us all know.

Ta

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

4.768 will round to 4.8 since superhost ratings are rounded at the nearest tenth. @Sara952 What do your superhost stats say now?

Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Sara952 

Superhost status is reviewed quarterly.  It may be a week or so before the notification is sent out.  Please do let us know if you achieved it this past cycle.

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center

Yes, I did get superhost, looks like the correct answer is above from @Emilia42 , rounded to the nearest tenth.  

@Mike-And-Jane0