How to see the profile before approval?

Soraya102
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

How to see the profile before approval?

Hi there 

I am struggling to find out why I cannot see the guest profile (apart from the first name) I can't see anything. How am I supposed to approve their stay at my house not knowing who they are?

I have had guests who destroyed my place and till this stay, it's the ongoing claim from Airbnb to get the costs. It's an ordeal tbh. Thinking of removing my listing and trying some other platforms. The cleaning cost after the guest unauthorised party of hundreds was disgusting and I had to explain the extra cleaning cost. No pay as yet. Please advise. Oh plus if anyone can give me a contact who from Airbnb would manage it and the costs involved I might be interested 🥰

Merci 

Soraya 

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Soraya102 Airbnb hide this information so hosts do not discriminate against guests. The name of the guest will usually not help you in any way to determine how good a guest they will be.

Soraya102
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

Yes, I know this. It's unfair because I cannot have my house trashed again. I should be able to see their profile and reviews. I need to see their intention for staying and not a party. Have you had this issue before?? How do you deal with some guests who are just disrespectful and make a huge mess? Any advice would be great. Thank you, Mike & Jane 

Soraya102
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

P.s the name would help me to research to find out if they a party people and what kind of behaviour or attitude they have before trusting them with my home. It's researching for trust and respectful people. Yes, I agree it is not 100% accurate but this is giving me some hope that they would not destroy my house the way the last guests have. If there are other ways I would love to know. Thank you 🥰