Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

I'm really getting pissed off I've tried to take a photo of my driver's license on either side and when I go to put it on the website it says it's too big.

Answered!
John-R-0
Level 1
Richmond Hill, Canada

I'm really getting pissed off I've tried to take a photo of my driver's license on either side and when I go to put it on the website it says it's too big.

So what do I do now?

Top Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@John-R-0   When a website says that a picture is too big, it is referring to the file size.  If you are unfamiliar with file compression, do this:  take a picture of your license with your phone.   Email it from yourself to yourself, using the email process to make the file size smaller.  Once you have that smaller picture file in you inbox, save it to your desktop and then upload it as your air photo ID. 

2 Replies 2

@John-R-0   Compress the file.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@John-R-0   When a website says that a picture is too big, it is referring to the file size.  If you are unfamiliar with file compression, do this:  take a picture of your license with your phone.   Email it from yourself to yourself, using the email process to make the file size smaller.  Once you have that smaller picture file in you inbox, save it to your desktop and then upload it as your air photo ID.