I’m the victim here

David7565
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

I’m the victim here

Airbnb assured us the “Host” that if a guest damages our property all will be ok. But when things go wrong now we the Host feel as if we are the criminals here! This needs to get better. I need to be fully compensated for damages done to my property 

1 Reply 1

@David7565  Unfortunately, the "Host Guarantee" is not a guarantee at all if you read the fine print. It's just marketing - hosts definitely can't count on it to be their primary insurance against damage.

That said, any kind of insurance you have is going to make you feel like you're on trial when you have to independently file a claim. It sucks that you have to go straight into Defendant mode right in the middle of distress about damage, but that's the way it is. You need receipts, invoices, photographic evidence, even police reports if there was theft or criminal vandalism involved. 

Without knowing any specifics about your situation, though, you have an uphill struggle if all 3 of your reviews depict the home as in poorer condition than advertised. An insurance adjuster would not be crazy to suspect that your damage claim was fraudulent or retaliatory. And even if all 3 of those reviews was coincidentally unfair, no guest in their right mind would even consider booking a place with this reputation. 

Unless you have ironclad evidence of damage, this is probably the moment to cut your losses and delete your account, make some home upgrades, do some serious research, and if you're still passionate about home hospitality, try again with a clean slate (maybe on a different platform) after the pandemic has passed and better people are traveling again.