Listing Paused

Rita42
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Listing Paused

For the second time in the past few months, airbnb has issued me a 5-day pause on my listing based on the reviews of guests. In the first case, in spite of documentation that showed that the guest was untruthful, airbnb maintained that it doesn't involve itself in the content of the review process. What this means is that airbnb is assuming 0% responsibility for pausing a listing . It also means that guests now have 100% of the power and that hosts have 0% protection against the fabrications or cruelty of guests. They can outright lie and airbnb will, with prejudice, pause a listing based on a guest's word. This recent pause was the result of the guests' expecting a "studio apartment" (with kitchen facilities) when the listing clearly states that my listing is a private guest suite with private entrance (and includes a micro and fridge). I'm disillusioned with airbnb and its  0% responsibility policy.  

1 Reply 1
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Rita42  yes, Airbnb presumes hosts are guilty until proven innocent. Many hosts left Airbnb for this reason and guests use it for blackmailing. I can't figure out what Airbnb wants to accomplish with such treatment of its hosts.