Long term user having terrible customer service experience

Linsay5
Level 2
Tucson, AZ

Long term user having terrible customer service experience

Hello,

My partner and I have been regular users of Airbnb for decades and use the service roughly five times a year. Recently we rented the top floor of a split home in the Buffalo area. The space was filthy, with mold, dust, grime and the bathroom was filled with animal hairs. My partner is highly allergic to dust. The listing was for 2 bedrooms, up to 4 people, but one of the beds was old, broken, and too painful to sleep in. We contacted the host but never received a response, and eventually had to book another Airbnb in the city. So we have now paid for two rentals for the same week. Airbnb customer service has been terrible. We have asked to speak to a supervisor for days and have been lied to multiple times that one would call us and they never have. Does anyone know how to get Airbnb to better live up to the service they claim to offer? We are long term customers who often suggest Airbnb to friends and family. Any help would be appreciated because we are becoming very discouraged. Thanks.

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Linsay5 sadly Aircover for guests seems to be as poor as Aircover for hosts. Did you contact Airbnb as soon as you arrived and did they offer to relocate you as per their marketing?

We have contacted them multiple times. They did offer assistance with finding another rental to relocate, but no refund or credit for the additional cost. 

Linsay5
Level 2
Tucson, AZ

For whatever reasons, the customer service rep we spoke with today “escalated” our request to speak to a supervisor, and he called us after a couple of hours. He is now reviewing our dispute and we hope this will be resolved with the refund or credit we deserve after dealing with the nightmare that was our rental and subsequent attempts to get help.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Linsay5 

Have you had any updates since you last posted?

It'd be great to know if you got things sorted out.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines