Milwaukee refugee hosting

Milwaukee refugee hosting

Are there any hosts located in Milwaukee that have signed up to offer stays for refugees? Just looking to see if there are any. 

6 Replies 6
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Riley62

Are you interested in starting to host refugees yourself? If so there's some useful info here

In terms of finding local Hosts with some experience hosting via Airbnb.org, it might be worth checking if there is a local Host Club near you. 🙂 

I hope this helps!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Don4461
Level 1
Milwaukee, WI

We just did.  Anyone else?

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Not through Airbnb @Don4461  I host refugees through a local charity and have done for four years.

I don't trust Airbnb to vet refugees or hosts properly - nor do they have a proper system in place to train hosts to help them manage the relationships. Nor do they provide a package of support that refugees need.

Here in America I have tried hosting refugees through various means without success.  It could be that England (and probably much of Europe) has a far greater number of refugees.  The US has policies greatly restricting refugees.  There are so many from Central America fleeing violence in their home countries but they are unable to apply for refugee status here.

If I knew of a better way to host I would do it.

Do you mind clarifying? Have you hosted refuges? Is so was it through Airbnb? 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I've answered this question in my earlier post I host refugees through a local charity @Riley62