New Hosts: How Do You Feel About Starting Your Hosting Adventure?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

New Hosts: How Do You Feel About Starting Your Hosting Adventure?

842784117294841216_A007C008_230907_A4PC_FINAL.jpg

We’re thrilled to have you on board as part of our vibrant Hosting community 🎉

Embarking on a Hosting journey is an exciting experience for new Hosts. As you prepare to welcome your first guests into your homes and create new experiences, a range of emotions and expectations emerge. 

How do you feel about opening your doors to guests for the first time, and what are you most excited to learn or improve upon during your Hosting journey? 🤩

We’re here to support you every step of the way with resources, guidance and a community of experienced Hosts. Tell us what kind of support you’re looking for and what goals you’re aiming to achieve as a new Host. 👇 

Looking forward to seeing your replies, 

Rebecca 🦋 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

157 Replies 157
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's fantastic to hear @Madiha13 😍 

What has been your biggest highlight so far? 

-----

Anita1399
Level 2
Chilliwack, Canada

Hello Rebecca

I was certainly a little apprehensive going into this, but almost a month into it I am already feeling more confident. All my guests have been amazing and it has been such a pleasure meeting all of them. 

Anita

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Well done @Anita1399 🎉 

It sounds like you're doing an amazing job. How many guests have you hosted so far? 😊

-----

Daniel13148
Level 1
Chadstone, Australia

The start of my Airbnb hosting journey has been very positive, thank you.  I've got an ideal place for it, and bar one have had amazing guests, who've loved the experience and rated it highly.  No complaints at this stage.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's fantastic to hear so far @Daniel13148 🤗 

What's been your biggest learning curve so far? 

-----

Cross cultural communication has been a learning.  A warm smile and some sign language and good body language go a long way.  Translator apps (eg Apple's or Google's) are super-helpful when smiles, sign language and body language aren't enough.

Gericka1
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Hosting is a privilege and should be held to the highest standards.  I’ve seen a lot of mishaps within the last few weeks of Host that should truly not be apart of this platform. I love Airbnb. It’s a great platform to help people around the world travel in style and create healthy memories with there love ones. I am super happy to be apart of this team, hopefully to leave an impact of integrity, inspiration and commitment. I am a honest person and I truly want people to enjoy not only the property but the Host experience. It's very important.

Nasir36
Level 1
Mississauga, Canada

Wonderful experience to host the people from different background. Initially I had a problem with synch calendar but now It is resolved. 

I would be very interested to know the method to sustain bookings in off season. Pl guide me.

Thank-you for contact me. It is sincerely appreciated.

Nasir.

Hello Rebecca,

Thank you so very much to include me in the forum.  As a new host, I'm still in learning mode. However, the journey is exciting. Im looking forward to the experience in meeting new people while hosting. If anyone has any feedback I should be aware of, please share. Again thank you for including us.

Michael8953
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

Hi Rebecca

My experience with my first guest was excellent.

My experience with Airbnb?  Frankly - awful!

Two reasons:

I find the Airbnb website difficult to navigate and utterly confusing. It practically requires people to be psychic to figure out where things are and how to do/amend things

The chat support is even worse.  The agents I dealt with either didn't know the answers or were unable to articulate them

My issues were finally resolved by an Airbnb Ambassador, who happens to be a personal friend.  But for her, I believe I would still be struggling

Mike

Christie257
Level 2
Virginia Beach, VA

Hi am am not brand new to hosting, but new to the AirBNB platform as a host.   I have done mid-term fully furnished rentals for traveling healthcare.  Those stays are usually around 3 months.  We are currently only open to 30+ day stays due to the zoning and rules for my city.   I have booked my first guest from this platform and I look forward to continuing to grow our business. And learning.  

Hi .I'd like to thank you for having given me this opportunity to talk about my hosting journey, Well,  I would say It is rather an educational journey . It is a real  exchange both material and cultural.  You exchange your hospitality for cash but meanwhile you exchange  human and cultural values , positive and sometimes negative emotions and energy if there are  times of stress or conflict but It's all learning and life experience mixed with fun and excitement and of course sometimes moments of stress and frustration which fortunately don't last for long as new experiences with new people often recharge one with new energy so that at the end the only thing you keep is some great memories with some great people your hosting experience allowed you to meet. 

During this journey, we always challenge ourselves and try to be more creative and do better either in terms of our performance and the quality of our service or in terms of the quality of our communication , our  human and cultural exchange. 

Any further guidance or advice that could help us push our hosting experience to the next level is most welcome and we are most grateful to you for sharing your experiences. 

Best regards 

Judy1064
Level 2
Clearfield, PA

Hi Rebecca thanks so much for reaching out.  I have definately been taken out of my comfort zone getting ready to list my tiny home.  I just started on August 1st and I have had 5 guests stay so far with very positive reviews.  I reached out and had the community look over my listing and got some very good feedback.  Feeling a little more confident and want too definately stay connected to community members to learn all I can!   Looking forward to learning as much as I can from those who know!!  

Dear  Rebecca

I like to learn bcos i am new to this

Vanessa2396
Level 1
Portland, OR

For the most part it has been super easy, smooth and everyone has been great. I do wish there was a way to field people out better as I have gotten a couple unhinged guests.