New Hosts: How Do You Feel About Starting Your Hosting Adventure?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

New Hosts: How Do You Feel About Starting Your Hosting Adventure?

842784117294841216_A007C008_230907_A4PC_FINAL.jpg

We’re thrilled to have you on board as part of our vibrant Hosting community 🎉

Embarking on a Hosting journey is an exciting experience for new Hosts. As you prepare to welcome your first guests into your homes and create new experiences, a range of emotions and expectations emerge. 

How do you feel about opening your doors to guests for the first time, and what are you most excited to learn or improve upon during your Hosting journey? 🤩

We’re here to support you every step of the way with resources, guidance and a community of experienced Hosts. Tell us what kind of support you’re looking for and what goals you’re aiming to achieve as a new Host. 👇 

Looking forward to seeing your replies, 

Rebecca 🦋 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

157 Replies 157
Indira71
Level 2
Boston, MA

Hi Rebecca, 

Thank you very much for the welcome message. So far, it has been a great experience. I am fortunate to have a friend who is a superhost and I am constantly getting advice.  I love it. No horror story, no bad experiences..

Fingers crossed it stays that way.  

Take care,

Indy

Shabeen0
Level 2
Richmond, VA

Hi there,

I'm very excited to be a part of this group! I'm looking forward to hosting my first guest. As you can imagine, I'm both excited and nervous. I want to make sure my guests feel comfortable and have a wonderful time while staying in my home. I welcome any advice and feedback. Here's hoping for a long and fruitful relationship with Airbnb!  🙂

Samuel1253
Level 2
San Diego, CA

My experience hosting has been a very positive one so far. Our first few guests have been great and we’re learning something new with each stay. 

One thing I’ve noticed and would like feedback on is guest age verification. I have a 25 yr old minimum age requirement for the primary person on the reservation but it doesn’t seem possible to have that as a preliminary rule for automatic bookings. Is there a way to limit automatic bookings to guests 25 yrs and older?

Elaine1063
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Hi Rebecca, thanks for reaching out. I think it's a great idea for new hosts to share their experiences with one another and I am really glad that this forum exists! Although I have been hosting for some time now, I am brand new to hosting my own home. Prior to this it was just for rooms in a resort. The experience hosting my own home is entirely different. Is it also much more personal because it is our home that we built and designed from ground up, and we live next door, so we are very close.

At the very start I was a bit anxious as I wanted everything to be perfect and, although we adore our home, you can never be too sure how guests will react to your space. It was a blessing and relief to find that guests love our place as much as we do. They also have been very kind and respectful—as well as leaving great reviews!

As a new host, my goals are to fill my calendar and continue to get positive reviews. I look forward to connecting with other hosts along the way!

Shannon1087
Level 2
Hampton, VA

Hello Beki 👋🏾.  Thank you for the invitation.  

I am still working through getting the property ready. 

1. Making the decision of how to store my personal belongings has been a challenge ( Put a shed on site or rent a unit offsite) 

2. Removing my personal emotional attachment to the home.

3. What repairs to do and which ones to deffer.

I am feeling paralyzed. 😭

Hi Rebecca, 

Happy to hear from you,  really have good experiences and happy to be part of Airbnb community 

Regards 

Ruckmani M

Muhammad-Radhi0
Level 1
Putrajaya, Malaysia

Hi Beki,

Tqvm for supporting me. Actually Im feel very nervous especially to receive my first customer who will come and reside at my property. 

Beckie16
Level 2
Roanoke, VA

I'm honestly scared of the litigious, scammers guests! I hear horror stories since becoming a host about people claiming all sorts of things to get credited or refunded, and it seems Airbnb support often sides with the guests even when hosts have proof to the contrary. I also hear some hosts say they do a rental agreement with guests. Does the Airbnb rental not cover everything enough to require a separate agreement? And does Airbnb truly know if guests read the House Rules before booking? From questions I get from renters, it's clear they didn't read the listing or the rules. I definitely want to increase bookings, especially for off seasons like fall and winter - but I'm trying to cover our butts! 

Nokuthula4
Level 1
Manzini, Eswatini

Good day Rebecca

Thank you for the warm welcome. I’m looking forward to seeing my listing business grow. 
I would appreciate tips

Gustavo1190
Level 2
Lourdes, El Salvador

Hi Rebecca,

Yes, I would like to be part of the community. 

Kislay0
Level 2
Sonnur, India

Hi Rebecca!

It was a pleasant surprise to see your welcome mail this morning. I am excited to start using Airbnb and learn more from this community as how to ensure that my guests are happy. Looking forward to get guidance and mentorship from you and grow with this platform. 

Thanks,

Kislay

Jesze0
Level 2
Durban, South Africa

Hi Rebecca, thank you for the lovely warm welcome. We have absolutely loved opening our space to travellers. There are definitely more positives to take away from the experience for sure. It’s been a learning and creative journey and we have absolutely enjoyed the experience so far. 

Adriana1920
Level 1
Timișoara, Romania

Hi Rebecca,

I am happy that I put my flat up on the platform, and I am wondering how can I increase the volume of the guests here, cause I would love to have more guests from Airbnb.

Thank you

Adriana 🙂

Zeshan1
Level 1
Lahore, Pakistan

Wow, what a journey it’s been since I first opened my doors to guests! Hosting has been an incredible experience, filled with learning and growth. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting so many wonderful people from all corners of the world, and each stay has taught me something new.

From refining the small details to ensuring every guest feels at home, I've enjoyed every step of the way. I’m excited to continue improving and making each stay better than the last. Thank you to all my past guests for your valuable feedback and to future guests—I can’t wait to welcome you!

Good morning Rebecca. 

Thank you for the warm welcome and am super excited to be a part of this community as am new to this business. 

I had mixed feelings when my first guest booked me space. I was happy and anxious at the same time. 

I was unsure if my guest was going to be comfortable with my space, if the amenities will be enough for him, had lots of thoughts. 

But he came and was satisfied with everything. 

I am hoping to learn more from the community to help me improve my apartment and get more bookings. 

Thank you.