New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy 🇮🇹 and as a lover of unique experiences—from exploring the streets of Rome🇮🇹 , Paris 🇫🇷, and Toronto 🇨🇦 to appreciating timeless art and cuisine—I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,298 Replies 3,298
Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lovely to e-meet you! @Alireza37 Welcome to the CC! 🎉

-----

Haley224
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

Hello! My name is Haley and I am from Las Vegas, NV. We host a condo up in Brian Head, UT. Great for skiing, snowboarding and in the summer, hiking and mountain biking. One of our goals this year is to add another property, not sure if we will add it here locally or another property in Utah. 

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow @Hayley224 sounds like your guests will never be short of activities to do when staying at your listing! 😎 

-----

Luiz-Charles0
Level 2
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hallo, i am charles de sa, hosting a studio in ipanema. I am new one is this field

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the CC! @Luiz-Charles0 🎉

-----

Cooper19
Level 2
Charleston, SC

Hi, I'm Cooper from Charleston South Carolina. I have both Airbnb Hosting and Airbnb Experience here in Charleston and have been doing Airbnb for about six years. It's nice to meet ya'll. 

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Cooper19, I bet you have plenty of wisdom to share with the community 😊 please do share any tips you may have!

-----

Thanks Sophia. Running both Experiences and Hosting I get to see both sides. 

On the experience side - Never sacrifice quality to get quantity. People will pay more for quality products, and the Airbnb customers are generally quality, and experience driven. Also, don't lose sight of the human side of your product. They want to feel like they are hanging out with an old friend - so getting that connection is important. That said, the Airbnb client is changing a bit. Since the Experience submissions were suspended almost a year ago. The experience offerings have gotten stale, and Airbnb has spent the last year teaching the supply chain how to live without them. 

On the hosting side. We have found it's the little things. Bottled water, snacks, a hair dryer.... none of that costs much to provide, but in our comment log, it's what they always talk about. It matters to the customer because it shows them you care enough about them to think of everything.  I have no problem getting $700.00 per night. I can get that because they know I care and it's that feeling they will pay for. 

If they like your experience/home, they will talk about it... if they don't like it, they will talk about it a lot more. 

Victoria2073
Level 1
CABA, Argentina

I am Vicky from Argentina

my roots are from Europe 

I have 3 teenagers with my husband 

2 little dogs 

I have a lovely loft in Recoleta, Buenos Aires, Argentina 

I love hosting and i have been doing it for the last 8 years.

i am glad to be part of this community 

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Victoria2073 , how long have you been in Argentina for? Do you miss Europe? 🌍 Please do share pics of your furry friends 🐶 in this post celebrating National Pet Day  😊

-----

Jeffrey723
Level 2
Napier, New Zealand

Hello everyone,I’ve been hosting for 2 months here in New Zealand in the city of Napier in the Hawkes Bay.East coast of the North island.Their certainly is a lot to do with hosting.I offer a stand alone 3 bedrooms 3 king size beds.heated pool,sauna,spa and Barbecue.

Views over the Hawkes Bay.The location is peaceful.I’ve had family in the property but all have left and I’m on my own.That’s why I got into Airbnb.Having the community centre enables a great insight into hosting.

All the Best Everyone.Regards Jeffrey

@Jeffrey723 welcome to the Airbnb and the CC Forum page from across the ditch.

I have a daughter who has an Airbnb in Motueka a small bedsitter unit on the same property. Also a brother inlaw who also has an Airbnb in Gisborne.who has a shared home with a large bedroom that was previously a 2nd loungeroom. Sometimes he lets the whole house like now and goes to the coast for a month by the coast with their caravan. Both have had  a successful journey with Airbnb.

Keep enjoying the Airbnb journey.

Laurelle from Downunder and across the Ditch.

Hello Laurelle3,

Thank you for your warm welcome.

I’ve never realised how many participants there are in to hosting the Airbnb.

You and your family are having such great success that it’s comforting to know.

kind Regards 

jeff

Hi Laurelle3 yes it does make sence to let out.I’m in a similar situation regarding my homestead.3 bedrooms available.

I will market as Airbnb and see what happens.

new territory.Kind Regards Jeff

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Jeffrey723! Your pool is huge, I just want to dive right in through my screen! 🌊 

If you’d like to learn about asking for a listing critique,
check out this topic right here: 

How to ask for listing critique on the Community Center 😊

-----