New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy 🇮🇹 and as a lover of unique experiences—from exploring the streets of Rome🇮🇹 , Paris 🇫🇷, and Toronto 🇨🇦 to appreciating timeless art and cuisine—I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,295 Replies 3,295
Isabel4763
Level 2
Ringwood, NJ

From the US currently located in New Jersey. I decided to buy my first Airbnb after being diagnosed with incurable Brain Cancer and I had always wanted to create a space where people can make great memories and hopefully one day be part of make a wish foundation and offer stays for families affected by cancer like me. 

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Isabel4763, thank you for sharing your story with us. Your dedication and desire to give back to families who are also affected by cancer is truly heartwarming and inspiring. I admire your generosity. Sending you my well wishes for strength and resilience. Also sending you a big warm virtual hug 💖

-----

Megan1249
Level 2
Manitowoc, WI

Hi all! I’m from Wisconsin in the United States. My husband and I are hosting in Michigan. We’re enjoying the process so far. We love traveling and experiencing different cultures.

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Megan1249 Hello from the UK! 🇬🇧 How is your hosting experience so far? 
I also enjoy travelling and experiencing different cultures 😊

-----

Hi, I'm Charlotte. I am a superhost in Grand Beach, Michigan. It's a beach community right on the Michigan/Indiana border on the Lake Michigan side. I have three kids, a dog and cat and work as a journalist in Chicago. Glad to be here and learn more. 

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Charlotte1306 Welcome to the CC! 🎉
 Please do share pics of your furry friends 🐱🐶 in this post celebrating National Pet Day  😊

-----

Thomas3600
Level 2
Denver, CO

Hi! Tom from the United States. I live in Colorado, but have host out of Florida. Looking forward to being part of the community!

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Thomas3600 a big warm welcome to you! 🎉
Hope to see you around the CC! 😊

-----

Irma331
Level 2
New York, NY

Hello and Happy New Year everyone. 🎉🎉

I'm from New York and host in Florida . I’m a new host and I would like to expand my knowledge over hosting . Any tips will be appreciated.

best 

Irma 

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Irma331, Welcome to the CC!  Glad to have you here 😊

If you have any specific questions you would like to ask the community, feel free to start a conversation here ✍🏼

-----

Hi Community managers. I am new to Airbnb and look forward to sharing and learning as I go along. My property is based in New York and I am looking to make every stay personalized to each guest.       All about me: I am a Island girl with new York big city flavor. I enjoy the beach, crafts, gardening and music/dancing. I love to cook and experiment in the kitchen

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Cheryl1043, Welcome!  🎉
I also enjoy cooking and experimenting in the kitchen 👩🏽‍🍳 what is your signature dish?
I love how you're excited to start your adventure, wishing you the very best of luck! Do share your experiences with us 😊

-----

Abel6195
Level 2
California, United States

Happy New Years everyone. 
I'm a host of just under 3 years and my property is in Minneapolis, mn. I'm excited to get to know you folks and be a little more active here.  I love being a host and having a beautiful and well appointed home that I get to share with traveler's and their friends & family.

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Big hello  @Abel6195 from the UK 🇬🇧
I love your passion for hosting! 💛I bet you have plenty of wisdom to share with the community 😊

If you would like to write about your journey so far feel free to create a post here ✍🏼

-----

July55
Level 2
Bristol, RI

Hi everyone, great to be here! I started hosting a few months ago and it’s been going well! The space I offer is the guest bedroom in my home. I live in a cute harbor town in Rhode Island. A point of local pride is that we have the oldest 4th of July celebration in the nation, so we go all out for that! I’m looking forward to learning more about hosting here!