New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK 🇬🇧 but my roots are Bangladeshi 🇧🇩. I love cats 🐱, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking 🍪. I also love travelling ✈️  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! 💖

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

1,879 Replies 1,879
Sherry538
Level 1
Sheridan, MI

Hello! I’m Sherry and I am from Michigan. I am hosting a home in Central Florida that my husband and I purchased and renovated in late 2023.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

A big warm welcome to you 🎉 @Sherry538  

how is hosting going for you so far? 😊

-----

Good so far! I have great reviews from the guests who have stayed with us? I can’t find my property on a general Airbnb search…i am API integrated through owner rez.

thank you for asking!

Tatiana963
Level 1
New York, NY

Hello my name is Tatiana Jones, I am new to Air BNbB hosting. I have 4 apartments listed in downton gastonia. I would like some insight on how to become a superhost and ways to give my guest an experience of a life time.

@Tatiana963 A quick question if I may. What relevance is the reference to Miami? Will this not confuse/mislead your guests?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Tatiana963, welcome to our community,

To gain more visibility in our community and gather excellent advice from our members, I suggest starting a 👉new conversation here.

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hazel219
Level 1
Belfast, United Kingdom

Hi - I  am Hazel, originally from Northern Ireland and now based in the south of France where we have one house on Airbnb . My husband and I worked for the United Nations in humanitarian postings until his retirement and my semi-retirement  (I still do some emergency missions) .  Our interests are gardening , classic cars , and travel and we have two grand children in addition to our four sons

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Hazel219, thanks for sharing your presentation with us. 

How has your experience been so far? How is this season shaping up for you? Is it a vibrant or calm hosting period?

Keep us posted

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi everyone! This is Hannah and Ryan! We just launched our co-hosting company Bulldog Properties located on the southwest side of Florida. We have just recently launched our first property in Cape Coral, FL and taking bookings starting in June! We are excited to embark on this journey ahead of us and happy to connect with other like minded people in the community. **

**[Personal information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello there @Hannah-And-Ryan0 welcome to the CC! 🎉 exciting times ahead! 😎
Wishing you the best of luck with your journey! 

-----

Matthew2093
Level 1
Melbourne, Australia

Hi and welcome

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the CC! @Matthew2093 Glad to have you here 😊

-----

Nacho148
Level 2
Argentina

Hola mundo 👋 

My name is Ignacio, and was born in Jujuy Argentina, currently living in Buenos Aires 🧉🇦🇷

I am a Software Engineer and I live within my wife and our two children.

I lived in Italy 🇮🇹 for 6 years playing volleyball 🏐  and that triggered in me a passion for learning new cultures, meeting new people, learning new languages 🌎

+ a huge respect and curiosity for what is different.

Joining the community to become a better host a better guest

Cheers 🙌

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Greetings from the UK!  🇬🇧 @Nacho148 

I love your enthusiasm! How did you find living in Italy? I hope you share your experiences with the wider community 😊

-----

Enit257
Level 2
Miami, FL

Hi, Enit and Robert from Miami, FL, we have an Airbnb in Ellijay, GA. Thank you for adding us.