New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง but my roots are Bangladeshi ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฉ. I love cats ๐Ÿฑ, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking ๐Ÿช. I also love travelling โœˆ๏ธ  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! ๐Ÿ’–

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,177 Replies 2,177

Popping in here to introduce myself!  My name is Kelly ** and my husband Jon ** are new to the rental world and have been working hard to get our rental up and running!  We are from Wisconsin and recently became empty nesters.  We are always up for a good time and love to travel when the opportunity arises.  We are excited to be able to share our beautiful vacation home in Punta Gorda, Florida.    

**[Sensitive information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

@Kelly2330 

Your house is  beautiful  big bathrooms gorgeous pool.  My only  question the sleeping is 8 people where do the other four sleep if 12 adults?

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kelly2330, welcome to the Community Center! ๐ŸŽ‰

Great to have you here ๐Ÿ˜€

If you'd like to, you can ask for feedback on your listing from our expert hosts. To find out more, check out this post: How to ask for listing critique on the Community Center ๐Ÿก

Wishing you the very best of luck! Do share your experiences with us ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ

-----

Veronica1458
Level 2
Iaศ™i, Romania

Hello,

I am Veronica. I live in Iasi, Romania. I just listed a 2 bedrooms flat on Airbnb and I am so excited as this is something new to me.

I do have lots of experience in renting out the properties on long term, but nothing at all with this type of hosting so I'll be grateful for any advice from this community.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Veronica1458 , Welcome to the Airbnb community! It's exciting to read that you're transitioning from long-term rentals to short-term hosting, since it can be quite an adventure!

Do you have any specific questions or areas where youโ€™re seeking advice? Perhaps about setting up your listing, managing guest interactions, or handling bookings? If you have any such questions, I'd like to invite you to start a new conversation to share your questions with other experienced Hosts or post a new question by clicking below ๐Ÿ˜‰

Bhumika_0-1718747370426.png

-----

Kish136
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

Hi I am Kish from Las Vegas

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Kish136 , a very warm welcome to the Community Center! I had a sneak peek at your listing and I must say it looks so beautiful. Added features such as a golf course and swimming area must be a highlight in terms of attracting guests interested in outdoor activities. 

We'd love to know, do you have any favorite corner or part of your listing that you absolutely adore?

-----

My name is Tammy.  I am originally from Lincoln Nebraska "Go Cornhuskers!".  I come from a long line of landlords who treat it as more than a profession, we take care of  tenants and have been invited to weddings, funerals, and graduation by tenants who have become life long friends.  In the tradition of my family we are involved in community (mostly planting trees!) and care for old buildings, keeping original features while installing modern upgrades.

My home is a Mid-century original home in the heart of the Arlington Entertainment District, in front of the AT&T Stadium, "How about those Cowboys?!"  It is quiet, peaceful, has wood floors, chef's kitchen, and a soaking tub.  I selected mid century designs and 1950's games to give guest a memorable experience.  I am glad there is an Air BnB community.  It is nice to have others to answer questions!  Thank you.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Tammy697 ,So interesting to read that you've formed such close bonding with your tenants and guests. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us!

I'm curious, what inspired you to choose a mid-century theme for your home, and do you have any favorite pieces or features in your space that youโ€™re particularly proud of?๐Ÿ˜ 

-----

Hello Bhumika,

Yes, sometimes a close bond, but keep in mind these were tenants who live in our properties for 5 to 10 even 20 years.  Not everyone wants to own a home.

My favorite piece of mid-century furniture in the house is a blonde dresser and chest of drawers because they are solid wood, have hidden accesses, and are a classic clean line mid- century modern style.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Wow @Tammy697 , the furniture pieces design sounds like vintage ๐Ÿ˜‰ Which is the favorite attraction for guests when they visit your listing? Have they mentioned anything specific that they love about this beautiful mix of mid- century modern style designs? ๐Ÿ˜

-----

I am just starting out as STR with this home.  So we will see!

Tammy

Chathuranga7
Level 1
Colombo, Sri Lanka

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the opportunity to join with this community.

I am Chathuranga from Sri Lanka and my Airbnb also in Sri Lanka. I am new to this field, but my passion is to improve my skills and knowledge further with hands-on experience, that is why I am quite interesting on Airbnb. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Chathuranga7 ,  Welcome to the community! ๐ŸŒป Itโ€™s great to have you here with us!

Sri Lanka is such a beautiful place, and I hope you're excited to start your journey as a Host ๐Ÿ˜ .

Do you have any specific areas where youโ€™re looking to gain more knowledge or any questions as you get started? We've many experienced Host members in the Community who have always helped new Hosts and kindly shared their expertise and advice with us. If you come across any questions you need help with, please feel free to start a new conversation ๐Ÿ˜‰

-----

Beckie16
Level 2
Roanoke, VA

Hi everyone! My husband and I love lake life and are new to owning STVR property at Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia USA. I feel like I have a million questions and so much to learn! Any guidance or tips would be greatly appreciated.