New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,273 Replies 2,273

When guests come to me, I am very happy. And when guests go and give me an evaluation above what is expected, I feel very happy.These are the most beautiful moments

That's lovely @ุนู…ุงุฏ-ุดุนุจุงู†0 ๐Ÿ˜ , it's evident how much you value guests!

Do you welcome your guests in person, or prefer virtual check in? ๐Ÿ‘€

-----

I like to welcome and receive my guests personally

muito amรกvel esta colocaรงรฃo ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Google Translation added by Community Manager:  this post is very nice

Jamie1268
Level 1
Billings, MT

Hi I'm Jamie.  I'm a Case Manager who works w/ addicts in Billings, Mt.  I'm passionate about helping people.  I'm a single mom of a little boy. And my teenage daughter just left her master bedroom behind, so might as well make use!  We love adventures, swimming, events, etc. & always keep busy!  So far Air b&b has been a great experience!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks for sharing about yourself@Jamie1268 ๐ŸŒป , a very welcome to the Community Center ๐Ÿคฉ

It's amazing to hear that you're enjoying hosting and also have experienced wonderful adventures with your kids ๐Ÿ˜

Have you had any particularly memorable guests or experiences since you started hosting?

-----

Loni56
Level 10
Santa Catarina, Brazil

Isso  รฉ รณtimo se dedicar ao prรณximo com amor๐Ÿ˜ 

Google Translation added by Community Manager:  It's great to dedicate yourself to others with love

Sandra6857
Level 2
Okotoks, Canada

Hi I am Sandi I am from Western Canada. We live near to the beautiful Rocky Mountains and Calgary. I am pleased to be a part of your group. I was in politics and was the Mayor of my town which is 40,000 people. I have a passion to assist people and live to travel 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Sandra6857 , Welcome to the Community Center ๐Ÿ˜ We're so thrilled to hear about you! I noticed your listing pictures and the balcony view looks absolutely breathtaking.

What has inspired you to become a Host? Have you had the pleasure of hosting your first guests yet?๐Ÿ˜

-----

Eva3713
Level 1
Solna, Sweden

Hi! My namn is Eva and I am from Stockholm, Sweden. Iโ€™ve just started to host a rental in the northern Stockholm archipelago through airbnb. 
We have hosted by our selves for a couple of years but this summer we are testing out airbnb. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Eva3713 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. 

How have you found hosting solo for years? What's brought you to Airbnb for this summer? ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

I just listed a new property.

I am located down a wildlife corridor in the Bulkley Nechako area of British Columbia.

I live in a small village located by  the largest freshwater lake in BC.

I would like help on deleting my previous rural property as I do not live there anymore.

How do I do that 

Thank you

Mellany

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Mellany0, that's an excellent question! ๐Ÿ’ก

To get more visibility and advice from our experienced Hosts, I recommend starting a ๐Ÿ‘‰ new conversation here asking how to delete a listing.

I look forward to reading your future threads!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hello, I am Angela nickname Angelica, 

I have a location in the historical Stone Mountain Ga. I have listed my home in 22 first but I am attempting to be more attentive to the business aspect of it. I had an emergency situation that through me into the trenches of this world in the beginning and now I desire to do my best.  Open to any advice and guidance. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Angela-M-1, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center ๐Ÿค—

As a new Host, you might have some questions or comments, so please feel free to start a โญ New conversation here โญ,  asking any questions you have. I am sure our lovely Hosts will be more than happy to share their opinions.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad