New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,413 Replies 2,413

@Bhumika I haven't but I don't know much about the co-hosting process. I am looking to get a cleaner to take care of the turnover. I think that should help a lot.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

I see @Danielle1781 ! Having a cleaner service also sounds like a great plan! 

In case you're curious to know about Co-hosting for future reference, I wanted to share some resources that could be helpful : 

Wishing you all the best for your journey! And remember we're always here to help and support you ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Hey @Danielle1781 ,
It sounds tough to receive a poor review so early on that it kicks down your enthusiasm. And that can be the reason why since then the low frequency of bookings appeared.

I can share 3 points:
*"Hiring" a Co-Host can help you a lot. Even a fresh view on your listing and some ideas can create a shift of perception for you on your own listing.

*Simply making everything on the listing effortless for the guest to understand and receive the necessary information when it is necessary is a KEY point to making also your Hosting experience much more effortless and easier.

*There is always the possibility to apply to remove the poor review. I have done it with some of mine from some picky and complicated guests, and have felt such a relief after they've been removed.

If you need any help in this or might need a fresh look on your listing, feel free to send me a message.

Happy Hosting,
Karlis

@Karlis3 thank you for your feedback! It's very helpful. I would appreciate a fresh look at my listing - feel free to let me know what you think or where I could improve. 

I did reach out to Airbnb support about removing the review but that has been denied. I am trying to get some help with the listing issues that I have because of that review (see below) . The guest gave a very low rating because of inaccurate location but this was actually because of the unit description. I used "garden level" and the guest preferred the term "basement" - I have corrected this in the listing but I can't update the address because that is correct. Any ideas on how to fix this if at all? Thanks!Screenshot 2024-07-15 092007.png

Hi all,

Am Diocles from Rwanda, I'm photographer lover, I love to connect with new people so that I can gain the new experience and culture. I love travelling and driving.

if you're planning to visit RWANDA kindly connect with so that i can give you a great experience about Rwanda and Africa as well.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @BnB302 , Nice to meet you! ๐Ÿ˜ 

What are some of your favorite spots in Rwanda for photography? ๐Ÿ˜‰ What has particularly inspired you to start hosting? ๐ŸŒป

-----

Nice to meet  you @Bhumika ๐Ÿฅฐ

Rwanda is known as the land of thousand hills which gives you a creative options as photographer. it's nature and wildlife found in our national park is so awesome to take it in your camera lens.

I have been dreaming about welcoming and collaborate with people from different places and I come up with an ideas of building building that will accommodates people  from different country who wanted to VISIT RWANDA.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

That's brilliant @BnB302 , I'm sure the nature and wildlife would be amazing attractions for guests as well ๐Ÿ˜ How are far are these locations from your listing?

I noticed that you have a guidebook added to your listing. Are you looking forward to add more such attractions near your listing to the guidebook? If you're looking for more information on creating a guidebook, this Airbnb article could be of some help ๐Ÿ˜Tips for creating a guidebook.

-----

James4316
Level 1
Evansville, IN

Hello all,

I have just listed, and am 1st time hosing in Evansville Indiana.  Co hosting with my wife, we have a private suite in our home.  Moved to Evansville from Colorado last year, we are now close to grand children.  Finding Airbnb to be (while not without some difficulty and surprises) very supportive and helpful.  This community looks very welcoming, and engaged, and I appreciate any advice.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @James4316 , Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center! Itโ€™s so nice to hear that youโ€™ve started hosting. How has it been with the listing set up so far? 

Are there any questions related to Airbnb, that you're looking forward to ask other Hosts?

-----

Jake611
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hey all, I've been hosting on Airbnb for some time and never been to this community centre because the Airbnb site is so easy to use I've hardly ever needed to seek out help! Jake

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jake611 , Welcome to the Community! Thanks so much for sharing that your experience with Airbnb site has been a smooth sail ๐Ÿ˜ I happen to notice that you've been hosting since 12 amazing years! How has the journey been so far? Would you like to ๐Ÿ‘‰ share your unforgettable hosting stories with us ! ๐Ÿ‘ˆ

-----

Ridwana0
Level 2
Windsor, United Kingdom

Hi I'm Ridwana and I'm from UK and have used Airbnb a few times as a traveler but am very new to hosting.

I've attempted 3 years ago but was to afraid to actually host in the end. There were too many unknowns.

I've travelled and used Airbnb and would like to host others so finally starting and will have my first guest soon. So excited but still a little cautious still

Looking forward to get to know others in the community ๐Ÿ™‚

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Ridwana0 , Welcome to the world of hosting ๐Ÿ˜‰ ! Itโ€™s absolutely normal to feel nervous, especially when starting out as a Host. Itโ€™s great to hear that you'll be hosting your first guests soon. ๐Ÿ˜

Based on your own experiences as a guest, which amenities have you added to the listing?

Do you have any questions related to hosting your first guest, that you'd like to ask experienced Hosts? You can do so by starting a new conversation here.๐ŸŒป 

Wishing you all the best!

-----

Guy-Albert0
Level 2
Bagneux, France

Hi there,

I am Guy-Albert leave in  Martinique,

I like playing music, and nature.

I am happy to join this community.

Regards,