New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,522 Replies 2,522

@Rebecca hmmm ... well not really ... I have not actually thought about that
but I also have a big love for large-scale art... some of which i design and build myself. I have used some pieces of larger structures that I have built before as art in my airbnb in Cape Town ๐Ÿ™‚

Peter4343
Level 1
Thisted, Denmark

Hi 

I am @peter, and I from Denmark 

my AirBnB is Named www.nattelyithy.dk 

I have been in AirBnB in 7 years but first started for real 15/7-24

greating from Denmark

Peter

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Peter4343 ๐Ÿ‘‹ 

It's great to connect with you from Denmark. Congratulations on your 7 years of hosting experience. Your Airbnb sounds intriguing. What inspired you to start hosting on Airbnb and what has been the most rewarding aspect of your hosting journey so far?

Wishing you continued success with your hosting endeavors! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿก

-----

Joshy3
Level 1
Alappuzha, India

Hi Team,

This is Joshy from Alleppey, Kerala, India. I'm new to hosting through Airbnb. My  properties are deluxe, premium and luxury houseboats which cruise through the backwater, rivers and canals of Alleppey. I'm happy and feel proud to be part of this big community.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Joshy3 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Welcome to the Airbnb hosting community. Your houseboats in Alleppey sound absolutely amazing. Hosting such unique accommodations must provide a memorable experience for your guests.

As a new host, what has been the most exciting part of your hosting journey so far? Have you encountered any interesting challenges or surprises along the way? Best of luck with your houseboat adventures! ๐Ÿ˜Šโ›ต๏ธ๐ŸŒŠ

-----

Massimo919
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone! 
Iโ€™m Massimo, British Italian, happily living in London since early 2000. 
Iโ€™ve come to Airbnb after disgraceful experiences with long term tenants and management companies. 
weโ€™ve renovated our property and put it on the market. 
Just had our first guest leaving today!

Our apartment is in a very quiet area in front of Canary Wharf. 
Weโ€™ve been living here for few years and weโ€™re in love with the place!

Our first guest was happy about the place, we hope all will enjoy their time here!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Massimo919 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Welcome to the Airbnb hosting community. It's great to hear that your first guest had a positive experience at your apartment in front of Canary Wharf.

Renovating your property and transitioning to short-term rentals can be quite a change. What inspired you to switch from long-term tenants to hosting on Airbnb?

Any tips or lessons learned from your first hosting experience that you'd like to share? Wishing you continued success with your hosting journey! ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Kaltouma0
Level 2
Abidjan, Cรดte d'Ivoire

Warm greetings to you all! I am  Kaltouma, originally from The Ivory Coast,  residing in New Jersey. I'm hosting in Abidjan, Ivory Coast.  2 Duplex- mezzanine level Appartements, one Bedroom Apt., and 1 Villa with 4 bedrooms, all with all amenities have been constructed there.  Have travelled a lot. Enjoyed long walking by beaches in Abidjan, around parks in NJ. Looking forward to learning from the community specially after a bad experience with a guest, which results to an untrue review that affected our bookings!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Kaltouma0 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Warm greetings to you too. It's wonderful to hear about your hosting in Abidjan. Walking by beaches in Abidjan and parks in New Jersey sounds like a great way to enjoy the surroundings.

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience with a guest and the impact it had on your bookings. As a supportive community, we're here to learn from each other's experiences. Is there anything in particular you would like advice or tips on regarding guest experiences or handling reviews? We're here to help! ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Elma679
Level 2
Mamburao, Philippines

Hello Maโ€™am Bhumika, my name is Elma Tejada and Iโ€™m from Mamburao, Philippines. So new that i just hosted my 4th guests from AirBnb but we had been running my Tourist Inn for 10 years now.  I am also the President of the Tourism Council here and i thought joining this platform wouln not only increase our guests arrival but a chance to be visible in the world market. 
Then my last guests gave me my nightmare. This is why I joined the community center. Been bothered by rude and msbehaved guests, when I didnโ€™t allow them to bring in more guests out of whatโ€™s checked in with Airbnb gave me a bad review that isnโ€™t acceptable. Been getting 5star reviews and nice words but this one, and it bothers me.

Thank you and hope to hear from you.

God bless,

Elma

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Elma679 ๐Ÿ‘‹

It's lovely to meet you. Congratulations on hosting your 4th guests on Airbnb! Being the President of the Tourism Council shows your dedication to providing excellent hospitality.

I'm sorry to hear about the challenging experience with your last guests and the unfair review. It can be disheartening when such situations arise. As a supportive community, we're here to help. Have you encountered any difficult guest situations before? How did you handle them?

We're here to provide advice and support. Keep up the great work, Elma! ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Darren469
Level 2
Kingston, Jamaica

Hey - Darren here from Jamaica. We currently have TWO AirBnB listings and are working on the third. I have a love/hate relationship with AirBnB platform. I love what they've been able to do, but hate how little they prioritize host comfort, safety and instead give the guests the bias. Sometimes I think to come off AirBnB because it is so unfair. Nonetheless, I have managed to regain Superhost status and I am hoping to move forward with the AirBnB platform for a positive year. Our next AirBnB is going to be a tree house, which we are very much looking forward to!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Darren469 , Welcome to the Community Center~ ๐ŸŒป 

Thanks so much for sharing your candid thoughts with us. I noticed that you've also shared a topic for discussion with other Hosts. Looking forward to read what other Hosts say.

The tree house definitely sounds like an exciting venture ๐Ÿ˜‰ Wishing you all the best through this journey! 

-----

Hey! Thank you for replying - that was fast. Yes I am looking forward to the tree house.

Lisa9585
Level 2
Port Hacking, Australia

Hi

Iโ€™m Lisa and host a little cottage in Burrill Lake on the south coast of NSW Australia.  I actually live in Sydney and am struggling a little hosting remotely. Any advice would be appreciated. My husband and I love the south coast with its beaches and hiking trails.  We love the peaceful vibe and the great cafes and restaurants ๐Ÿ˜Š 

[Post merged by Community Manager to keep relevant  and similar discussions in one place]