New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK 🇬🇧 but my roots are Bangladeshi 🇧🇩. I love cats 🐱, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking 🍪. I also love travelling ✈️  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! 💖

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,230 Replies 2,230
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Sandra6261, Welcome to the CC! 🎉 I also love to travel and read! 📖
Opening up your home also means opening up your heart! 💖  I look forward to hearing more about your experiences 😊

-----

Hi!👋. I'm Emily from the Southwest USA.  I've had an STR for about 9 years, but it has always been with a property manager and I have been hands-off.  With two new properties, I have decided to jump into hosting myself.  The beginning details were a little overwhelming, but I have had my first guests come and go without incident.  So I'm excited to see what the future brings!

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Greeting @Emily2083 from the UK! 🇬🇧
Congrats on making the move to Hosting yourself, I wish you the very best of luck! It would be great if you could share your experiences of Hosting directly VS with a property manager someday! I'm sure you have a lot of wisdom to share 😊

-----

Jo931
Level 2
Bethlehem, PA

Hello!

My name is Jo. I was born and raised in the Lehigh Valley (Bethlehem, PA). I'm in the process of starting my ABNB hosting and am open to any suggestions you may have.

I own a 123 year old colonial home. 4 bedrooms and 1.5 baths. I'll be renting 1 room only to start as I will be residing in the home as well and want to see how this goes. Plus, I only have 1 full bathroom, so more than 2 people, strangers at that, could become an issue. I have a few things to do before I go live, which I hope to be up and running by February 1, 2024. 

I'm excited for the opportunities. If you could give me your short list of do's, don'ts and things to keep an eye out on, I would great appreciate it.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Jo931, It's exciting to hear that you are preparing to begin your hosting journey.

I'd like to invite you to start a new conversation using the following link, where you can ask for opinions from our experienced hosts. This will give your question greater visibility and attract more replies: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/postpage/choose-node/true

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Maranda16
Level 1
Knoxville, TN

Hi! I'm Maranda and a new host from Tennessee, USA.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the CC! @Maranda16 😊
I hope you share your experiences with us!

-----

Tom4225
Level 1
Gilbert, AZ

Hi:  

My  wife and I are  new to hosting  and have opened up our mountain cabin in Arizona, about 2 hours from Phoenix. We just had our first guest who gave us a 5 star review!

- Tom and Brenda 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Tom4225, Congratulations on achieving 5 stars! I'm excited for you and hope you'll see many more 5-star reviews in the future 😊

I'd love to hear about your experiences or any special stories with your first guest. Remember, our wonderful Host community is here to support you at every step. Feel free to ask questions or share your journey by starting a new conversation here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/postpage/choose-node/true

Wishing you all the best in your hosting adventures!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

T-A-G-0
Level 2
Brentwood, CA

Hi my name Is Traci I’m from Berkeley California. It’s great to see people from all over the world and especially to have a community for Air Bnb hosts. I’m a foodie! I love good foods, traveling, outdoors and horses. I live on a ranch so I’m always working with the animals. Would love to learn about hosting out of the country! That’s my next adventure. Let’s connect ❤️

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @T-A-G-0, Wow, that sounds like a very interesting project! 🤗

Do you already have a specific country in mind where you would like to Host? We can certainly help by connecting you with local fellow Hosts in that area. Here's the link where you can start a new conversation and ask for advice or opinions from local Hosts: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/postpage/choose-node/true

Looking forward to keeping up with your contributions in our community.

-----

Hello everyone 😊!

This is Hotel "KANET", a small Hotel from Skopje - the capital city of Republic of North Macedonia.

This is the first time that We leave Our message here and that We are introducing Ourselves to this Community.

We are a small, wooden Hotel in the center of Skopje, with a pleasant atmosphere and staff.

This part of Europe and Balkan is very specific by it's history, culture, people, food, spirit and many other things.

We are looking forward to meet other Hosts and share Our opinion or experience with hosting 😄.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Hotel752, we are thrilled to have you here! 😊

Our community is the ideal place to ask your questions and share advice and opinions with other Hosts. We can't wait to read your contributions to our community. Below is a link where you can start a new conversation: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/postpage/choose-node/true

All the best,

-----

Martha1121
Level 2
New York, NY

Thank you so much.  I am in NYC and had been hosting for 8 years, but now I am not able to host unless is long term.:frowning_face::frowning_face:

Hello @Martha1121 ,I’m in Tirana and I started this November hosting !