New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,273 Replies 2,273
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Ed419 great to have you here! 🎉 How is Hosting going so far? 😊

-----

Leo3925
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Hello everyone, I'm Leo from Venezuela and currently living in the US. I've lived and traveled in different countries. I'm a yoga teacher, dancer, researcher and educator. I love learning about world cultures. I'm new to this community and would love to learn more about hosting, since it's like traveling without leaving home 🙂 

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Leo3925 Welcome 🎉 You sound like a very busy person! 😅 How do you juggle this on top of Hosting?

-----

Felicity11
Host Advisory Board Member
Manly, Australia

Hi welcome to the community. We are a pretty good bunch of hosts from around the world with some great words of advice to share and good ears to keep learning from each other.

I am a kiwi living in Sydney and I have been hosting or 12 years. I love welcoming people to our enchanted corner of  Sydney.  I host with a focus on Sustainability.  Our family has taken many steps to reduce the emissions and waste that come from hosting a holiday home and helping guests to leave a lighter footprint when they stay!   This is my passion and I love that many of my guests love all the work we have done to set this up for them and they keep coming back to stay! 

Pam2200
Level 2
Harare, Zimbabwe

Hi everyone glad to join the community. Looking forward to growing as a host on this platform. I enjoy playing golf with family and friends. I love travelling, hiking, reading and baking.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Pam2200,

We're happy to have you here! Welcome to the Community Centre. 

You'll find lots of support and advice by using the search bar at the top but please don't be afraid to ask questions. We're a super friendly bunch, bursting with ideas. 💡

We've got some great guides written by Hosts just like you, with a wealth of information. 

Always here if you'd like to chat. 

-----

Mellody0
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

Hello! Myself and my partner are brand new to hosting. I'm from Brazil and Gareth is from Ireland, we both own a house in Naas, County Kildare, Ireland. We love this area and we wish people visited this part of Ireland more. We have beautiful gardens, parks, canal walks and luxurious/designer shopping experience nearby (Kildare Village) and easy access to the big cities in Ireland by train and bus. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Mellody0  and a huge welcome to you and Gareth from the Community Center! 🤗

It's great to have you here. You'll find lots of support and advice by using the search bar at the top but please don't be afraid to ask questions. We're a super friendly bunch, bursting with ideas. 

We've got some great guides written by Hosts just like you, with a wealth of information. 

I'm a lover of Ireland, and my family originates from Kilkenny. I plan to take my children to see their relatives there at Easter! 

I'm always happy to chat, so reach out if you need anything. 😊

-----

Travis352
Level 1
Warren, MI

Hello,

I am Travis from Michigan in the US.  Ive been a host for about 5 years or so.

I own/manage multiple properties and am always looking to expand my portfolio.  I also do renovations and flips in my area.

Thanks for having me.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Travis352,

Great to have you here! Welcome to the Community Centre.

I can't wait to see some of your experience from renovations. Be sure to share some tips with us all. 

All the best, 

Rebecca

-----

Ryefield-and-Mayuko0
Level 2
Langford, Canada

This is Ryefield & Mayuko from Victoria BC, Canada. 🙂

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the CC @Ryefield-and-Mayuko0 🎉

-----

Ana34633
Level 1
California City, CA

hi my name is Ana Rumilda from El Salvador 

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome @Ana34633 🎉 Great to have you here! 😊

-----

Hi, I'm Sandra.  I'm a retired finance executive.  I love to travel, read, and dabble in home decorating and crafting.  My husband and I decided to open our home to guests because there is a lot of underutilized space.  We are intrigued by the possibility of meeting interesting people and expanding our cultural horizons so that we can be informed and helpful hosts.  We are new to hosting, with less than a month of experience.