Old forum design

Old forum design

I am just curious why design on websites and forums keeps changing to less user friendly one? Literally first time users I know are having hard time navigating on both here and website now. Why not just keep what is already working good enough?

16 Replies 16
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

Hi @Ann72,

@Mark116 also commented that it's difficult to find the newer posts and forum readers don't want to scroll all of the posts to find newer conversations. Mark surmised that as a result of the posting placement some questions may go unanswered.

I've also mentioned that words with hyperlinks appear only as underlined text and are not a different color as is the standard on most websites.  This makes it more difficult and unsightly to share information, because instead of neatly linked words we have to paste in URLs that can be long.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@AZ-Housing0 I believe the update was to a) make the look more like an Airbnb site and b) to make the app version better.

Apparently most youngsters use the app rather than the website. Sadly this means more clicks for the oldies on the new website.