Pay in advance

Alex7645
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Pay in advance

Hi all. I got a possible guest that wants to pay 4 months in advance, and this person has no profile and no reviews? I am sensing something is off here, anybody with experience from this.

Thank you,

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Alex7645 

"long term stays" must be payed in monthly installments, so paying "4 months in advance" is not an option. IMO your senses are correct.

BTW this person has no profile ?

Thanks for your reply Emiel. He has a profile but no reviews, his indentity is verified according to Airbnb, its just that Im used to people that have been rated etc.

@Alex7645  I rent long-term as well (different apartments) and I would never use Airbnb for it. For the long term I want to talk with this person, then meet her, scan her documents, sign a contract and collect a security deposit in cash. Airbnb works differently so it is not an option for me.... and for many other hosts.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Alex7645  This guest obviously hasn't bothered to read anything about how Airbnb works. I would tell him that hosts have nothing to do with the Airbnb payment schedules, and that he should spend some time reading all the articles for guests in the Help section on the Airbnb site.

No way should you accept a 4 month booking from an Airbnb newbie with no reviews. "Verified "means nothing. It means he submitted a photo ID. So what?

Do you realize that if a guest stays for 30 days, they will fall under landlord/tenant laws and you'll have a really hard time evicting them if they are objectionable or don't come up with the payment after the first month?

There are no protections from Airbnb for long term bookings. No security deposit taken, no criminal record check, no guarantee of payment beyond the first month.