Per State Guest Scams

Kirstin38
Level 2
Central City, NE

Per State Guest Scams

Is there a way to search for conversations by state.  I'm in Nebraska.  We had a family book 3 days and then ask to extend their stay with zero intention of paying.  I'd like to warn the other hosts in the state.  The guests told us that they were opening a new Airbnb account since their account was frozen.  We told them we would not accept the new reservation and asked them to leave immediately.  I'm now on high alert.  I don't accept any reservations from new accounts with zero reviews.  I review each booking.  How do you warn other Hosts in your area?

Thank you!

Kiki

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

The way you warn other hosts is to leave an appropriate review for the guest. You could also check to see if there is a local Facebook hosting group. @Kirstin38

Thank you @Sarah977 .  Airbnb froze the guests account.  I am unable to leave a review.  I told the guest that we had not received payment and they had to leave.  They told me they would open up a new account under a different name.  I really want to let people know what they say and how they operate.  Since I am unable to leave a review and since they will try a new name, new account, then I really like your idea of finding a local Facebook hosting group.  That's something that I didn't think of!  Thank you!!