Perfect for Short Stays

If you know, you know

312343476_10158985419134562_6307715339151377025_n.jpg

10 Replies 10
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sudsrung0 Lol.

At least she didn't have time to redecorate (as far as I am aware), so I guess it's still Boris and Carrie's £2K+ gold wallpaper 🙂

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Huma0 But does Boris get to redecorate if he is re-elected? I did say when he left he would be back by Christmas but I was JOKING! Now it may actually happen.

@Mike-And-Jane0 

Yes, I know it is astonishing. I didn't think that was possible, but goes to show I don't know enough about how our political system works. 

Would he be allowed to redecorate? Yep, I think so. Each 'new' Prime Minister gets an allowance for this, even though perhaps he exceed his a tad... Should have gone to John Lewis 🙂

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sudsrung0 technically it's a long term stay (28 days or more). 

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Sudsrung0  hahaha that is gold. thanks for sharing, that'll make for a fun instagram post today. 

@Huma0  and I could go to France and buy flea market antiques for a bargain and still no doubt have plenty of change left over.... 

@Mike-And-Jane0  haha, another Xmas party for Bojo? surely he knows the rules: strictly no parties

I'll put my hand up for the job if I only have to suffer it for 44 days and then get a lifelong pension. What a racket. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Gillian166 

I think they spent more on decorating and furnishing that flat than I did on the major renovation (and it was major) of my four storey house. Luckily, they weren't let loose in Checkers. Imagine the bill for that!

@Mike-And-Jane0 It's not a pension. Apparently it's an allowance for 'public service' expenses.

You have to give Bojo one thing. He is persistent.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Huma0 Ha ha , I am not sure they would be able to find the place with that black door. H

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Helen744 

They just have to look for the policemen and the photographers outside 🙂

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Sudsrung0 I love your sence of humour very quick on the uptake of the News of the day.

But just watching the latest film footage from the UK the new Prime Minister Rishi Sunak didnt have far to travel to the Airbnb at No 10 Dowling St. It was just a hop, step and jump from No 11 Dowling St where he was living as the Chancellar of the Exchequer of Britain.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Laurelle3 not surprising given the revolving door nature of British politics but we have had 3 chancellors since Rishi was in Number 11. Zahawi, Kwarteng and Hunt.