Personal Chef recommendations

Personal Chef recommendations

Hello! I'm Dominique, an aspiring Personal chef from Minnesota. I'm new to the area and am really interested in collaborating with hosts on my services for their guests. If you could point me in the right direction, or offer me any assistance in those regards, it would be greatly appreciated. 

**[Advertisement removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Reply 1

@Dominique1367  If you want to try out a concept with something of the old Airbnb spirit, but for private dining events, you might look into joining a site like Eatwith. I can imagine an arrangement in which an Airbnb host with a spectacular kitchen/dining area might be willing to collaborate on culinary events on nights when they don't have overnight guests. But your profile doesn't indicate where on earth you live, and an Instagram alone isn't quite enough to inspire trust in your qualifications, so your first step would be to develop a more professional web presence with a few pieces of useful info.

You might be in a part of the world where private chefs are in demand for Airbnb listings - I've seen them advertised in parts of Africa and South Asia, for example. But it's not the kind of service that Airbnb has integrated into the platform - for example, there's no search filter available to find listings that include "private chef," which says a lot considering that you can specifically search for an Igloo or a home with "ski in/ ski out" access. I'm not aware of a general demand in this corner of the industry for the services you aspire to offer, and experienced hosts know that any services involving someone other than the paying guests being on the property can bring them a world of trouble. If you happen to be in an area that's dense with traditional B&B's, a route of fresh breakfast deliveries could be an interesting launching pad (though as someone with a lot of experience in your aspirational industry, I can tell you it that this is unprofitable and generally miserable work if you don't like your work day starting hours before sunrise).