Phone alerts for no reason

Suzy128
Level 2
Loddon, United Kingdom

Phone alerts for no reason

Hi all, I’m getting an air bnb notification on my phone but when I go into app there are no messages and no duplicate text message received like there normally is.  Just nothing for my attention on Hosting and Travelling.  Just wondered why this happens.  Have had 2 now 

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Suzy128  Have you tried using the desktop version rather thanthe app and going to your hosting inbox?

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Suzy128 

On my phone, the App often shows the icon meaning there is an unread message or notification, but when I check (both App and desktop), there is nothing. I do find sometimes that it will show that there is a new message just because I sent a message...

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Suzy128 some messages come to you as an alert but do not register as a new message. For example, you you pre-approved someone and the pre-approval expired, you will get a bell alert on your phone. However it is not an independent message and when you go to your app, it will say within that preapproval that it has expired but it would not be a new message. You would never know that's what it was unless you looked right at the time it came. I hope this makes sense (my explanation, not Airbnb's process)

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Suzy128   I use the desktop for 95% of my AirBnB business.  This means that any message that I send or receive on the desktop is going to send an alert that appears on my phone app, which has a horrible lag in clearing messages.  So after a day of conducting business, I will go to my phone and open the app, just to see the "unread" messages clear.

I am very distrustful of the text messages that I get on my phone that purport to be from AirBnB or any other OTA.  I will always go to my computer and log in via VPN before I click on a text message link.   Before I had an AirBnB account as either a traveler or a host, but had properties listed with other OTAs, I would get messages purporting to be from AirBnB about a booking that I needed to accept ... needless to say, they were spam messages, hence the distrust of texts.