Received an unusual request

Stephen712
Level 2
Pismo Beach, CA

Received an unusual request

I received this request. Not real comfortable taking this reservation but if I decline, it will hurt my Airbnb Host standing. I don't want to become to be a  rendezvous Airbnb. 🙂 

"I am interested in your place for a day. Looking for a day getaway and your place looks perfect.. Wondering if you would be open to an early check in say 8am and check out by 5pm... I would pay the full price and extra if need be. Please let me know. Thank you in advance for your consideration."

How should I handle this?

3 Replies 3

@Stephen712  Declining a booking will not harm your Airbnb standing in any detectable way. Having a bad experience with a confirmed booking that results in a complaint or negative review will harm your standing in a very immediate way. Keep a little perspective there. 

But while you're at it...if you don't wish to be a Love Hotel you can always set a 2+ day minimum stay. 

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Stephen712 I wonder why, if they're willing to pay "the full price and extra," they did not just book the nights before and after. In your shoes that is what I would advise them to do. But, I'm not worried about what people do in my spaces as long as nobody/nothing is harmed.

Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

@Stephen712 

Some people are just in town for the day and need a home base for the day. If they have themselves a wild romp while they are there, good for them! They are willing to pay extra for an early check-in which is nice but that will only work if the guests the night before check-out early. I'd tell them that they would need to book the night before if they need an check-in that early.