Remuneration for a Co-Host

Kristina373
Level 2
Herriard, United Kingdom

Remuneration for a Co-Host

For those of you who have registered a Co-Host, how have you arranged remuneration?  Have you arranged it privately?

Alternatively, have you given accommodation to someone in exchange for help managing the airbnb along with some of the cleaning?

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can make whatever arrangement suits you best @Kristina373 

Whichever way you do it have a contract that clearly outlines co-host duties, payment terms and make sure you take up references.

You can pay your co-host through the platform.

Kristina373
Level 2
Herriard, United Kingdom

Thanks Helen3 but can you give me some idea of what you or other hosts /co-hosts arrange?  I'm sure it depends on the frequency and would be linked to specific bookings.  It would be great to see some sample contracts if there are any???

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

As I said @Kristina373 you need to itemise what support you are looking for so co-hosts can give you a quote for the services you need. Some hosts want full support some just management of communication with a guest, for example.

What exactly is it that you want them to do? That would be my starting point. If you want to look at various options ask them to quote for them.

Your co-host should be providing you with a draft contract @Kristina373 including a breakdown of support being offered and costs and payment terms. I paid a solicitor to draw mine up based on my requirements.

I know some hosts and co-hosts work on a percentage of bookings made, ranging from 10% - 50% depending on services needed. Additional for emergency out of hours support. Of course it will depend on your day rate.  10% of £1000 a day booking will work out at far more than 50% of a £40 a night place.

Kristina373
Level 2
Herriard, United Kingdom

Thanks for the extra info Helen6!

k

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA