Renter booking for someone else

Renter booking for someone else

I have a confirmed booking from an account that is renting for someone else.  This person will not be present at the propety (and lives in another country).  I have asked for name and contact information for the person actually staying there, and the account holder insists to communicate through her account instead.  There is only 1 person staying there, and the house has 3 bedrooms (we have never rented to only 1 person, nor had any requests).  

Anyone been through something like this before?  I feel there is a security concern not knowing the actual renter at the property.  

3 Replies 3
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Brian1963 I would not allow this booking to take place as is. The guest who wants to stay can become a member by making a profile and book it themselves. There are all sorts of red flags being thrown up here. 

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/427/can-i-book-on-behalf-of-a-friend-or-family-member

Since it’s a confirmed booking, you’ll have to contact Airbnb to cancel it. 

Thanks Colleen.  The renter did send me the actual person's contact information, however did not want to send it via AirBNB (they wanted to text it to my phone, and did so).  Another red flag (just struck me as odd).  I have canceled via AirBNB, thanks for your guidance.