Resolution center ghosting

Rob134
Level 2
St. Petersburg, FL

Resolution center ghosting

I had a guest in mid April who did damage. The amount was $687. I finally was able to connect with the resolution center send them multiple times the same evidence the same pictures the same invoice etc and about the middle of May it just ended.

There was nothing. I've tweeted Airbnb I've called I replied to the support emails which always say the same thing and nothing.

Does anyone have any history with being absolutely dropped by the resolution center regarding a request for damage reimbursement and just literally being ghosted. It is the most bizarre thing.

Airbnb is obviously important to me as they contribute a significant amount of income to me. But to claim that you have a department which will help in a case like this and then nothing is most bizarre.

I'm a super host I have 15 properties on Airbnb and I have been with them for many years and have never had a claim but they have simply disappeared on this. The ironic thing is I had a lady who called with an issue with one of my units and I heard from them within an hour and they wanted a substantive response within an hour or so from me so the standards are clearly massively different.

Looking for advice or maybe I'm simply missing something here? Simply trying to get reimbursed with the damage that was done by an Airbnb guest.

41 Replies 41
Rhonda301
Level 10
Ashland City, TN

I have been trying to get $2100 due to water damage the guest caused and nothing except repeated requests to resend the same documents I’ve already sent. No replies nothing. 

I find it shocking that this is the reality, but man this is major league BS! I dont get it. BIG company just blowing us off.  Well my next step is to send an email to a VRBO account manager to see if she has any inside tips. 

Then its on to one of those TV news "7 on your side" kind of deals to see if they can get an answer. I dont know what kind of a department that is, but it is a total lie! 

Let me know how that works because I am tired of it too.  We deserve the money and Airbnb makes billions. 

K93
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

Oddly I’m getting the same thing as a guest (am a host but haven’t had issues with that- yet). I had booked a “shared” home for a month and messaged host before booking to specifically ask how many in the home. He said one other renter and me. I would not have booked had it been anything else. I arrived to 5-7 people living there (host and his adult family too and he was having a weekday afternoon party during my arrival). I politely left. Host wouldn’t give refund (dumb me didn’t realize his no refund policy would be overridden by air b&b for not disclosing dog and host family living there or would have gone right to them). Escalated to air b&b 2 days later and they now keep messaging me that they’re reviewing my case and escalating to someone else. In the meantime time is ticking and host can’t mitigate his damages by renting to someone else.  He’s texting angry that I’m asking for refund;  it would mean he’s losing revenue. This should be an open/ shut case at air b&b but they disappeared and send me repeat form messages as a guest. 

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Rob134@K93 and @Rhonda301 

Sorry to hear you're still waiting for a response about your issues.

I've passed your details over to the team and explained that you've already provided the requested information, and asked if someone can take a look and give you an update.

I hope you hear something soon.  If I get any feedback from the team, I'll let you know.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Jenny

Well if you can get that done congratulations! It has been an absolute dead zone 
I just don't understand how a huge company like Airbnb can literally have a department that they claim is a department in their company that literally vanishes on you for two months. It's mind-boggling. So I don't know what's going on in there but if you can get it done that will be most amazing! 

From the time they vanished I literally have had three calls which of course got me to the same spot... They will send it to someone else and then I get the same template message with absolutely no substance to it and I've tweeted to airbnb three times and I have probably between 10 and 20 messages from Airbnb help saying the exact same template message of we know this is a great inconvenience we've escalated this and will get back to you and zippity do-da, crickets chirping. How does that happen in such a huge company?

Good luck and I will be impressed if it happens.
Thank you. The reservation  is **[Personal details removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines], last name Cabral

Resolutions case number

Thanks,
Rob 

I’d add my infor too I’ve got the same template email.  They know who the guest. I agree with Rob and really hope this can get resolved for it’s nothing to ABB the amount of all three combined but it’s paying bills to us host or guest. 

We have two very difficult guest reservations back to back and tried to handle both as well as possible but without support AirBNB will eventually lose enough or get enough bad press to stop for it looks to me guest or host AirBNB is not on our side. 

Thank you @Jenny 

Jenny, for additional info my resolution center contact was David S.

He was inept at best. I don't even believe there necessarily is a David S.

He or she could just be a generic name that anyone who happens to be at that desk uses (assuming there is a real resolution center?) 

One time he sent me an email that was addressed to the guest who had done the damage 

Multiple times he asked for the same documentation. I replied saying you already have that and you have been sent it several times. And I would get a request later for the same documentation.

So, to me there are 2 possibilities, 1, the resolution center is a hoax, it is a placebo for hosts but it doesn't actually exist. Does anyone have proof of them ever paying anyone??

2-the individual named David S is a renegade employee who simply throws everything in the trash and flat out doesn't do a good job and then unfortunately if true there is obviously zero oversight or follow through by management.

My claim is for $687 (hardly a huge amount) and since they have ghosted me on this, this actually impacts Airbnb negatively.

I recently had an under 21 guest ask about staying. There was a chance I would have taken a chance on them if I knew Airbnb had my back, but they don't, so I didn't accept the request. 

One of the biggest problems is you can NEVER talk to a person with answers, you only ever get to talk to message takers, who will ( ugh, this again) " escalate this to someone who can better assist you"! Lol

Jenny, if you can break through, thank you! If you would like me to document the whole email chain I would be happy to do it, as by now if I printed it out I think it would be an inch thick. 

@Rob134  I belong to Facebook Airbnb host groups, and one of the members posted about how the Airbnb "reps" are actually subcontractors; they don't work directly for Airbnb. They actually pay to be a "rep" (as far as they have to have their own laptop, internet, ect.). This is probably why hosts get substandard service when calling Airbnb about issues.  Heck, I had a "rep" named "Twinkle." Whatever....

Hi Maia, That would explain some of these seemingly unexplainable issues why they literally ghost you. Yes David S must be my "rep" and said, ala South Park, Screw you! Im going home! lol...but wow, nice oversight! (sarcasm for those not getting sarcasm!) 

It makes sense to contract it out well to airbnb it does, It would be impossible for airbnb to employ people to speak many different languages.

Maybe it doesn't effect you guys in America but here in Asia it's like every other guest is a different language, 

I've had people call me from airbnb speaking English with a Spanish accent, Good job for me my husband is English because I cannot understand them.

I spoke to Axil, Miranda and Stacy. The first two helpful Stacy seems like a bot. She never had responded and now we had to get a professional drywall guy in to fix the ceiling and it’s out of pocket for us. We are now at $2400.