Save the date: Tune in April 9 for a Host Update with CEO Brian Chesky

Airbnb
Official Account

Save the date: Tune in April 9 for a Host Update with CEO Brian Chesky

Last week, CEO Brian Chesky spoke to our global host community in a live video message from his home in San Francisco. He talked about the impact the coronavirus (COVID-19) is having on hosts, answered some of your top questions, and announced new initiatives to help you get through this challenging time.

He also committed to staying in closer contact with our community of hosts. We know how important it is for you to hear from—and be heard by—Airbnb leadership right now. We’ve continued to hold global listening sessions where you’ve shared your own personal stories, offered up suggestions, and asked questions, and we’ll be bringing you more Host Updates with Brian over the coming weeks, too.

So tune in for another update from Brian at 3:00 p.m PT Thursday, April 9. You can catch it live at Airbnb.com/live, or watch a recording after the event.

Thank you for all of your feedback over the past few weeks. Please continue to share any questions you have in the comments below, and we’ll do our best to answer some of them in future Airbnb.com/live events.

107 Replies 107
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It's close to midnight here, but it's not too bad @Ange2 – I like to make sure that everyone who wants to watch it in the CC has the links etc.

It's pretty tricky finding a time that suits everyone in the world, trust me I've been trying to find a good time for the EN CC social online meetup! hehe 

I think the time next week might move slightly, but I will make sure everyone in the CC knows what time it is at. 

Also, just to mention, the recording is available really soon after the live event, so if it's too late it's easy to catch up. 

I hope you were able to watch it in the end. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Gene12
Level 3
Alexandria, NJ

is this a joke... ??? 

Talk about business and not about **bleep**!

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Still waiting......................

Helen350
Level 10

... and I don't mean he started 15mins late, I mean he talked total rubbish & said NOTHING of any substance. Like a snivelling schoolboy..... Beavis & Butthead come to mind, (remember them?)

Pilar1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

An apology from Brian for the delay would have bee appreciated!

It may be afternoon over there but there are viewers all over the world.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sorry about the delay @Pilar1, I know it's rather late here in the UK–I'm not sure what happened. Maybe it was a technical issue especially with two people being on the call. Anyway sorry about that. 

Hope you sleep well. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Brenda328
Level 10
South Dakota, United States

Did I hear that correctly???  One of the new online hosting experiences is 'Make Sangria with a Drag Queen'?

@Brenda328 

With all that time on our hands we obviously need to fill it with something. Isn't the whole Airbnb hosting community up in arms about how they've been dumped on - and all that was heard at those 100 listening calls was the need for Online Hosting?!

What planet are these people on?

Helen350
Level 10

@Brenda328 Sadly, I heard it too. Think I'll pass....

Why sure Brenda! Didn’t you get that you too can simply throw together a successful/popular VIRTUAL experience for your new income stream?  Nevermind that the online platform heavy hitters with billions can barely  run a one-way stream of two people, you and I can surely run a lucrative interactive “immersive” experience with multiple guests. So simple and SUPER FUN FOR EVERYONE PARTY PARTY, problem solved! 

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

Online Hosting? airbnNetflix? Talk about running before you can walk!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

So, no clarification on when hosts can expect the 25%, no clarification on when they might receive an invite to apply for the grant, no comments on the host outrage at having Airbnb solicit donations from our previous guests. 

He didn't address any of the main questions and confusion that hosts have been posting here since these initiatives were announced.

Hosts with flexible policies will get more exposure? How exactly does that help in the midst of a pandemic when almost no one can travel or host?

What on earth are they "listening" to???  The sound of their own ideas, as far as I can tell. 

I don't plan to waste my time watching any more of these clown shows.

Audrey455
Level 4
Colorado Springs, CO

Complete waste of time.  The policy keeps changing.  Will anyone ever get anything?  And what type pf self-absorbed and arrogant individual starts a live broadcast 15 minutes late?  So again, no respect for any of us...

Philippe1230
Level 2
Paris, France

people it was 15 min late chill a bit, i'm the kind of host that don't like people complaining for nothing 🙂