Share your art projects!

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Share your art projects!

Just finishing this for our New Orleans condo. I can never afford all the art I want, so I have to try and make my own. Anyone else making stuff they would like to share? I would love to see what you have created. 

painting 2021 11.jpg

52 Replies 52
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Just getting an error message...

Try exporting the image as a jpeg from wherever it resides to your desktop and upload from there @Sandra126?

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

On my phone... maybe that's why? Trying a different one.. no, same deal. Never mind.

No! @Sandra126 , we’ve waited too long for your wonderful art. 

I've sometimes sent to myself in Messenger which reduces the size of the overall image. Then saved that version and uploaded it. 😁

Thank you Cathy, thats nice to hear! 

@Cathie19 where are your paintings that you have been doing at your art classes.

Well @Laurelle3, the workshops I was undertaking have finished for the year, but I’m currently working on another water scene, now that I’m feeling braver. The Rocky Stream is an inland water scene in Victoria. The original art and image by L Mellady- but that is my version from her workshop. The other one, a works in progress is a Mt Kosciusko National Park scene. Image by my daughter ©️ and the art work definitely an original in a procrastinated state. Lots of submerged rocks, foreground rocks and water Water workshop studyWater workshop studyOriginal works in progress……..Original works in progress……..with sky reflection to do…. Lol… But I am loving the soft pastel medium. 

@Cathie19 lovely! I have to do more work with pastels. It's been years. You definitely have an eye!

@Cathie19 your pastles are bringing out the colour in the black and white photo. Great work, keep going.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Excellent topic @Laura2592 and wonderful contributions from everyone! @Sandra126 @Cathie19 @Ann72 @Debra300 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Laura2592I love the colours of pink and blue they really add dimension to the painting. My art craft over this year has been outside art for the garden mosaicing small wooden birdhouses that my mate, partner, husband made for me.20211119_114949_resized_1.jpg

Nice ones @Laurelle3 ! 

@Laurelle3 these are wonderful! I've always wanted to do mosaic. I saw someone do it for a backsplash and I was absolutely enchanted.  Is it difficult?

@Laura2592  & @Laurelle3 , @Robin4 does great mosaics. I especially love his flowers coming out of the pot mosaic…

@Laura2592 I've only done a couple, we had an ugly step stool banging around and I finally did a mosaic treatment on it and now it sits proudly on the front steps with plants on it and looks like something I spent $$ on at a craft fair.   I did another on a plain rectangular piece of wood.  It took a LONG time to get the pieces in place with the right color and size balance,  getting it to look 'right' was much more time intensive than the physical steps of the project.  There is a certain skill that is needed to get the grout at the right consistency and for furniture  you should put down wonderboard  cement backing first.  But, it's overall pretty easy.