Sourcing longer term accomodation

Answered!

Sourcing longer term accomodation

Hello

I am seeking long term rental  accommodation - in the UK,  IN THE SURREY, HAMPSHIRE, BERKSHIRE AREAS.

My preferences are- farms, house boats, annexes, single occupancy quiet living surrounds and easy access to trains and nearby towns. 

How could I advertise my requirements 

1 Best Answer
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Fee-And1   You can do your search on the Airbnb platform and put in your dates and preferences etc.  However, prospective hosts will look at your previous reviews, of which you only have one prior to accepting a long term guest.  They will need reassurance that you will be a ‘good fit’ and your single review mentions that you were a ‘complicated’ guest.  I would suggest that when approaching a potential host that you tell them a little bit about yourself and why you need a long term stay.  You may also wish to clarify why your previous host thought that you were ‘complicated’ at the same time.

5 Replies 5
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Fee-And1   You can do your search on the Airbnb platform and put in your dates and preferences etc.  However, prospective hosts will look at your previous reviews, of which you only have one prior to accepting a long term guest.  They will need reassurance that you will be a ‘good fit’ and your single review mentions that you were a ‘complicated’ guest.  I would suggest that when approaching a potential host that you tell them a little bit about yourself and why you need a long term stay.  You may also wish to clarify why your previous host thought that you were ‘complicated’ at the same time.

Hi Kate thx for that advice..all noted. I wrote a long reply explaining my ‘complexed ‘ stay in Cape Town only to be logged out?! 

In short I shou;Ltd have responded to my hosts comment sooner but just too busy working lost track of time:

During my first week on checking in to my first abode via Airbnb …My stay was interrupted by host having to fix my room and install new burglar bars for safety of intruding baboons, which should really have been installed before I arrived. I did not complain at all. Then the entire week I was sleep deprived because of loud fridge drone sound in my room and biting mosquitos, which after a week I became somewhat annoyed and called host to ask to remedy my situation. I in fact also in my forst day offered to help her one and only gardener on a 5 acres site should the need arise…

these gentle complaints were shrugged off only to be offered an alternative abode on the estate during the latter days of my stay, which I did not ask for and actually asked whether I need to pay more…which was declined. I thanked the host and mentioned that it was vastly improved and reminded her that I had been very calm and patient for a week of aggravation but willing to put that aside and make the best of the alternative. On my final day I went to the host home to say goodbye and well wishes but she was out so I called her via phone and she was quite abrupt…well excuse me I think I was way too patient and should have found an alternative place to stay the second half of my trip. Certainly will not return…always two sides to the tale.🌈

Further to my last note re the baboon bars being installed while I was out and about- well they didn’t even sweep up the saw dust. I had to call to get it  

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Fee-And1 You might be better off using Rightmove for long term lets. Some hosts will do them especially in the off season but Airbnb doesn't fit well as there are no security deposits/contracts. 

Thanks guys ..appreciate your suggestion it was also my gut-feeling however it all boils down to affordability vs what one needs in terms of space. So far 5 months on Rightmove no luck.

I finished posting a long letter in response to Kate’s letter of my stay in Cape Town..but I’ve lost it as the portal logged me out and when I tried posting it ..got lost somewhere in cyberspace?