Superhost status: Loss of status because of unfair review (Airbnb must NOT tolerate INJUSTICE!)

Mine-and-Deniz0
Level 2
Brussels, Belgium

Superhost status: Loss of status because of unfair review (Airbnb must NOT tolerate INJUSTICE!)

Subject: Loss of Superhost status because of unfair review (Airbnb must NOT tolerate INJUSTICE!)

Hello dear all hosts,

Wishing you all Happy New Year!

I will talk about "a gross INJUSTICE"  and hope Airbnb must NOT tolerate INJUSTICE!

I just learn that we didn’t quite qualify to keep our Superhost status because of the UNFAIR review of our 2 (two) guests.

CASE 1.

The guest (from Tunisia) reserved shared room but when they arrived they said they wanted to stay in the private room. But our private room has already booked by our another guests. I checked their profile but He left review: "The room was not a private room, no one to check out when we left"

When I looked at their profiles to know if they were using airbnb for the first time, I saw that they had used many times before. So they already have known about Airbnb room types.

My response to his comment: "First of all, you booked a "shared room" as it clearly says in the title and description. Secondly, it's NOT a hotel, so there is no receptionist. We have a life and we had to leave early for university..."

So he booked a shared room. It was his choice. I am a postdoctoral researcher at the university. That's why I can't be home every time when the guest's check-out time. It is unreasonable to expect it, this is not a hotel.  Conclusion: He left negative review. 

CASE 2.

The comment of our other guest, who stayed with his boyfriend the day before the guest I mentioned above, is as follows: "Mine is very nice and very helpful. She warmly welcomed us despite last minute booking. Room is well shared, no worries about it as advertised. On the other hand, it's about a sofa bed. it's not really comfortable and the bed It turns out the detachable part of the sofa to create ... a really bad night for the blow".

Here's my reply to her comment: "Thanks for your wonderful comment about us. Just a little info about the sofa bed for both of you: When you remove the bottom frame, it quickly and easily converts into a large bed. This is standard. Pulling Mechanism (We had it ready before you came) Depends on use ( In case of two people in bed or too much movement) the lower frame can come off, then easily put back on. This is how Ikea is made. We could have shown you both how it works if you had asked :)) Next time I hope. Welcome always!”

There is no problem with the bed. Many guests have used that bed after them .

As a superhost so far I always try to do my best for our guests. We met many people. Some of them really caused a lot of trouble, but we always try to show understanding. As you all know well, being a host is not as easy as it seems. This is sometimes extremely difficult.

Conclusion: 

I have been hosting more than 4 years as a Superhost. There are more than 600 positif reviews about us.

Airbnb changed our superhost status due to unfair 2 comments and ratings from these two guests even though it's NOT our fault.

Which is a great injustice! Airbnb must NOT tolerate INJUSTICE!

I've been trying to convey the issue to someone concerned since yesterday. I sent many messages...But unfortunately I still haven't received any response from anyone!  I am still waiting...

I believe it is important to share this injustice with you. Maybe there are other hosts like me. 

I hope Airbnb does not TURN A BKIND EYE TO THIS INJUSTICE.

Thanks in advance to those who read and/or contribute!

Greetings,

Mine 

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Mine-and-Deniz0 The loss of Superhost status will only affect you if you let it. The vast majority of people don't think it matters at all.

Until and unless Airbnb allow hosts to discard a review occasionally then the stats are just generated by a computer - There is nothing you can do about it so my advice is not to waste your time.