Superhost

Kimberly200
Level 2
Galveston, TX

Superhost

I have all five star reviews for the last three years no cancellations whatsoever and I still have failed to make super host. When I personally know of someone that is not hosted since the pandemic started. But has made super host this year and has hosted no one. Can you please explain?

5 Replies 5
M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Kimberly200 

I have the same issue.  I have had to cancel 1 booking this past June (2021), out of a history of 56 bookings since Sep 2020.  Yet, I was told I will lose my SH status  April 1, 2022.  See the print screen.  According to the Airbnb website, SH cancellation rates are based on both guest and host cancellations. Read the section  "What it means".

I'm pretty much done with Airbnb.

Screenshot_20220103-165458_Airbnb.jpg

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@M199  The cancellation rate is based on host cancellations not host and guest cancellations. I've had several guest cancellations this year, I have cancelled none, and my cancellation rate is zero 

"Cancellation rate

To meet this criteria, you needed to have canceled fewer than 1% of your reservations that were booked between Jan 1, 2021 and Dec 31, 2021, regardless of when the reservations took place. This doesn’t include exceptions made under our Extenuating Circumstances policy.

*It may take up to 24 hours for your hosting stats to reflect the latest info."

Click the question mark icon on the stats page. 

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Kimberly200  Superhost status has been extended for hosts meeting the Response Rate (90% or better) and Overall Rating (4.8 or better) criteria for the December 2021 assessment.   All 4 criteria will kick in again at the April 2022 assessment. 

https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/the-latest-updates-to-superhost-assessments-257

Have you checked your Response Rate ? 

Yes, my response rate is 99%!

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Kimberly200 This link should tell you where you fell short. Was it your response rate?

https://www.airbnb.com/performance/superhost

I too am a little miffed about hosts retaining their super host status for a two-year period with no reservations. And I can definitely see how you would feel stung by working so hard over the last year and then losing it.