Suspension

Zubair7
Level 2
Houston, TX

Suspension

I am shocked at how terrible airbnb service has become. As a superhost and shareholder, I would have expected airbnb to improve their customer service after IPO, rather than drop to shocking standards

The story is that a guest who initially sent us a message that everything is great, had some stove issue. The next thing we know he leaves without giving us a chance to respond and/or fix the situation. And airbnb not only cancels his booking/gives full refund, but also suspended all my listings.

It has been 3 days with multiple calls to airbnb, but apparently there is just one "safety ambassador" who is in charge of the case, and it is harder to reach the president of the country than this support person. No one calls back. No one responds. Same canned message of sympathy and apologies from their reps.

How airbnb can take action against a host without even contacting him/her is mind-boggling. How airbnb can ignore a host's superhost ratings is beyond me. At least give the host a chance to understand the situation and respond! 

Doesn't airbnb management think that this will push hosts away? I am personally thinking of moving into long-term and i have already started the process of looking at other short-term websites. This is completely unacceptable and reading other comments, it is clear I am not the only one facing this situation. This is a real shame for such a promising company.

5 Replies 5
Robin925
Level 5
Albuquerque, NM

@Zubair7 Possibly if Airbnb thinks it is a "Safety' issue the case got escalated to the safety department and they though the right plan would be to suspend the listings. I agree with you that Customer Service has been really bad since the IPO and I think the pressure from stakeholders is much higher to please outsiders.

Shiveena0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi, 

The same thing has occurred with me and I am only a co-host for a listing that had an issue with a guest who basically did the same thing. 

As a co-host I am being punished and have been informed that I'm only part-suspended everytime I call, being told someone will call back. It's been almost 3 months with no response, not even an ounce of respect from Airbnb. 

I have hosted for 10 years and was also contemplating managing experiences and adding more listings... I've lost my income since January and feel so sick at this behaviour. 

Sharon1469
Level 1
Hubbard, OR

I too am having issues with Customer Service and getting the run around.  Our listing has been suspended but we don't know why.  I have messaged many times and just last night finally found a phone number to call.  But that ambassador just apologized and said the person that suspended my account would call me.....  still no call!  I am very frustrated!!   Looking at other platforms to handle my vacation rental.  Any suggestions?

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Catherine-Powell Just as I was thinking I wouldn't be able to send you a random Superhost Suspension this week one has popped up.

@Sharon1469 Airbnb seems to be quick to suspend and slow to deal with it. They operate on a guilty until proven innocent but don't help hosts prove their innocence by actually telling them what the problem is!

Either hope Catherine Powell helps, Perhaps @Sybe will help or just list elsewhere. Believe me if this ever happens to us Airbnb won't see us for dust!

@Mike-And-Jane0    Thank you.  I have sent a message to @Catherine-Powell.