Thank you Airbnb and our host community

Sarah5000
Host Advisory Board Member
Adelaide, Australia

Thank you Airbnb and our host community

IMG_0255 (1).jpg

Less than 24 hours….
I want to express my heartfelt gratitude for the incredible opportunity to be a torchbearer who represents our host clubs and community in the Paris 2024 Olympics. It is truly an honor to be part of such a historic event. I am deeply appreciative of Airbnb’s support in making this experience possible.
Your support has been invaluable to me throughout this journey. Our host community will be forever grateful for your support in our hosting journey. We are all better for having known you. The experience of being welcome and belonging has been the greatest journey of our hosting life thus far. You have shown us a new perspective and an alternative path to the one we were on.
I am truly grateful for this chance and look forward to making you proud. 

IMG_0259 (1) (1).jpg

Sarah
12 Replies 12
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful note with the Community @Sarah5000 ! 😍

How was the overall experience being a torch bearer and participate in this wonderful event? Did you get a chance to meet fellow Hosts in the event and share unique hosting stories with them? 🎉

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Sarah5000
Adelaide, Australia

It was amazing! In Paris, I had many opportunities to meet fellow hosts in person and share our hosting stories. During this trip, I learned numerous valuable lessons, both as a guest and a host, and connected with other hosts at a meetup dinner.

Sarah
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Sarah5000 So nice to read that you saw it as an opportunity to learn valuable lessons both as a guest and a Host! 👏 Are there any specific tips or lessons that stood out for you through the meetup? Has this meet up provided you with an opportunity to reflect on your own hosting style? 😍

-----

Sarah5000
Adelaide, Australia

@Bhumika 

Let me reflect my Torchbearer’ journey ~
What does the Flame represent?
It represents Peace. The Relay is a tradition that takes us back to the roots of the Games. In ancient times, before the competitions, messages went from city to city to proclaim the Olympic Truce and carry a message of peace.
And since ancient times, the Games have had the most unifying power in the world. They celebrate unity and inclusion in diversity. It is an honour to be part of this historic adventure.
Following the recent release of the new top % listing feature, there have been many different voices and questions.
Hosting is a journey of contrasts, where sweet moments often intertwine with the sour. It's in these conflicting emotions, brought on by different perspectives and unexpected situations—whether from newly released features or cultural differences—that the true magic of hosting lies. When faced with challenges or unfamiliar customs from guests, other hosts, or Airbnb itself, it's easy to feel out of place.
By embracing the process of learning and sharing, we open our hearts and minds to the richness of our differences. Every conversation, every shared tip, every act of kindness from a different host or guest teaches us something new about the world and ourselves.
These lessons foster a deeper appreciation for the diverse tapestry of human experience, reminding us that it is our differences that make us stronger, wiser, and more compassionate. So, let us not criticize our hosts, but rather connect, share, and grow, cherishing the bittersweet moments that shape our hosting journey and enrich our lives.
Sarah
Claudia331
Lecco, Italy

I join in your Thanks @Sarah5000 

As Host Advisor in two and half years I experienced many incredible things but this is on the top…

18th June I had the honor to open the Host Advisor's relay representing the whole group and the host communities with other Host Advisor torchbearers (we have concluded today with @Dandara3 in Paris)

A great emotion have there my family, share the experience with some Airbnb friends Antonella Brugnola, @Till-and-Jutta0  e Pier Luigi Rovella and with all those unknown people full of energy, excitement, who shook my hand, followed my race, took with me many pictures...

Perfect organisation, perfect day in a wonderful Cannes plenty of people on the Croisette promenade... like in a movie (Halle Berry opened our relay on the red carpet)
I felt my responsibility bringing a sign of peace and friendship in every time and place

Similar when, as host, we welcome people from over the world trying to make her feel well welcomed and friends

Thank you Airbnb for this unique gift ❤️ 

b37f1dd8-0391-4006-b40e-b2f49dd7418f_4_5005_c.jpeg03b8ed48-e64c-4a90-b0a7-5412411a35b2_4_5005_c.jpegc62be24d-e534-4953-8c88-3153368bec43_4_5005_c.jpega6832193-ed1e-4819-9949-937926792398_4_5005_c.jpeg

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful experience with the Community @Claudia331 ! The pictures look amazing 😍 I'd also like to invite @Till-and-Jutta0 to this topic, to see how was Till's experience with the event 😉

-----

Sarah5000
Adelaide, Australia

@Claudia331 yes a sign of peace and friendship and connection!

Sarah
Jue0
Nairobi, Kenya

@Sarah5000  🎉 Congratulations. It was awesome seeing you in person and watching you run and carry your torch with grace in Meaux. I had the immense privilege to carry the torch the same day earlier in Torcy, France. It was indeed a magical and unforgettable moment. I embraced the collaborative spirit of the Olympics. So greatful to Airbnb. Jue, Nairobi, Kenya 🇰🇪  

img_2321.jpgimg_2322.jpg

img_2323.jpgimg_2313.jpg

JMM
Jue0
Nairobi, Kenya

img_2312.jpgimg_2310.jpgimg_2306.jpg

JMM
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

WOW 😍!! @Jue0  Looks like it was an amazing event where Hosts come together to celebrate community and togetherness. Thanks so much for sharing these stunning pictures with the us!

-----

Jue0
Nairobi, Kenya

@Bhumika Yes! Thank you 🙏 

JMM
Sarah5000
Adelaide, Australia

@Jue0 Thanks for sharing your experience with me, it was great to watch your run and watched how it worked before my turn. Lead by example! So I did not get nervous and had an expectation what to do and practice. 

Sarah