The 50/50 experimental moderate strict policy

Lee386
Level 4
Cyprus

The 50/50 experimental moderate strict policy

Hi Folks, 

for those of you that are part of this experiment, I have had a booking enquiry where like most they are nervous about booking/cancelling. 

If you are part of this experiment you will not be advised what cancellation policy has been offered to the guest. Neither is airbnb as I just found out as I asked them to tell me what policy they had been offered and got this reply

The 50/50 experimental moderate strict policy is randomly assigned by the system, so we won't be able to see from our end not until the guests reservation is confirmed. Or the guest can show you a screenshot of the policy the system is assigning them when they book.

firstly the guest cannot send a screen shot unless the booking is confirmed, but more importantly we are expected to have a conversation with the potential guest whilst working blind.................."by the way, what cancellation policy do you have on the quotation?" makes me feel like a bit of a clown.

Has anyone else on the trial experiences this and what are your thoughts? 

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Did you opt in to this @Lee386 ? 

yes I did opt in when asked to take part in the trial as I wanted to have a more flexible cancelation policy that balanced between strict and flexible.  

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Lee386 I have looked at a couple of recent reservations and cannot see what policy was assigned to them. Any idea where I should be looking?

@Mike-And-Jane0 I print out the booking information which can be found under reservations and then click on details.  The problem I am having is that I don't know what policy has been offered prior to booking  as due to the trial I am offering 2 different policies. Airbnb can't tell me until the booking is confirmed. my regular booking policy is strict, the trial now includes moderate strict which allows full refund up to 30 days prior to arrival and 50% refund up to 7 days. 

If I don't know what airbnb have offered them, it is hard to have a conversation regarding cancelation procedures.